Should UCONN's seniors be concerned? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Should UCONN's seniors be concerned?

Reaction Score
I think that's totally out of wack! Williams has been one of the most inconsistent players that I've seen on the Huskies in recent memory .... there was many occasions where she shot horribly and was totally ineffective on defense though I do concede that in the last half of last season, she finally started playing the type of ball that people have expected her to be from day one. My expectations of Westbrook leading into last season were quite low and yet her performance and her impact on her teammates was incredible ... a complete surprise .... I do hope that Williams will continue to build on the player she was at the end of last season because when she plays like that, she's a big asset but conversely prior to that, she was anything but a big asset .....
to be fair both are inconsistent and seem to be over-rated as well on the offensive end. Neither do much on the defensive end and just a bit on the boards. EW is a decent passer but takes too many chances that lead to turnovers. CW has no real vision for passing but she doesn't take chances either.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
This group of seniors haven’t won anything. You throw the best five out there. Forget about age. Again nothing is owed to this group.
So you are saying that because these seniors have not won a National Championship yet, they are owed nothing for the hours and effort that they have put in, not to mention their three conference championships and three Final Fours? But if they had won one NC, then they would be owed a starting slot? Really??

I don't think they are owed a starting slot if a newcomer or a returning bench player clearly outperforms them. But that has nothing to do with what they have won or not won in prior years.

Reaction Score
So you are saying that because these seniors have not won a National Championship yet, they are owed nothing for the hours and effort that they have put in, not to mention their three conference championships and three Final Fours? But if they had won one NC, then they would be owed a starting slot? Really??

I don't think they are owed a starting slot if a newcomer or a returning bench player clearly outperforms them. But that has nothing to do with what they have won or not won in prior years.
Uh.....,they are receiving a top shelf 4 year college education, probably some Grad School reimbursement plus a ton of professional contacts and a huge Uconn Alumni network.
Sounds like a fair arrangement to me.
If the NCAA allows them even more, I’m OK with that.
Just, please keep your priorities inline:
Classroom.
Personal/spiritual development.
Hoops.
Residual.
That’s my order, but who am I to judge.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads