Should the NCAA selection shows happen anyway? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Should the NCAA selection shows happen anyway?

Should the MBB and WBB selection shows go forward despite the cancellation of the tournaments?

• Yes

Votes: 22 25.6%
  • No

Votes: 50 58.1%
  • Only if UConn is placed in Fort Wayne

Votes: 14 16.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Almost every coach has incentives in their contract. Which ones under the current circumstances have the audacity to try to collect?
One of the things I really enjoy about the BY is that, along with the many strange ideas that are posted, there are a number of really good ideas that force me to think through issues. After reading Gamecockfan77’s post I thought, “Yea, coaches are going to be shortchanged if there is no selection show.”

Your post immediately changed my thinking. With all the disappointment for players and fans, along with all the money lost by venues, networks and related businesses, it would be really bad form for coaches to argue they should get everything that was coming to them.

My one suggestion is that AD’s on their own, could quietly decide to pay bonuses to coaches as a gesture of appreciation and support.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Might as well. It would give them something to fill the time slots.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Another reason why it should: "The NCAA tournament uses a "units" system to reward conferences based on the number of the teams from a particular league that qualify for its postseason tournament and advance. "
The P5 schools need their "units" and that is why the metrics are biased toward the P5 conferences. I truly believe this.

Reaction Score
For some schools who never made the tournament it would be a good thing to show that they accomplished their goal. That is part of the excitement.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom