Should that have been goaltending on the last play? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Should that have been goaltending on the last play?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
When have you ever seen a goaltending call for someone grabbing the net. Just about never.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
it happens almost every game and you don't know if he got hit into it... it's over who cares, on to ville

Reaction Score
Eh, Cincy was shuffling their feet all day long on the perimeter and in the paint. Not one travel call.
Yeah, that was one dreadful officiating crew last night. Cinci players were traveling all night long without any consequence. There was a spin move late in the game by one of the Cincinnati Post players, which was obvious traveling, but no call.

Reaction Score
Who wears a wrist ban?
Oh my gosh, do any of you have a DVR? I replayed the replays a few times and you can clearly see it was the Daniels who grab the net. I actually noticed him grabbing the net when it first happened and was worrying there might be a whistle on that last play.

At first I thought him grabbing the net may have been enough to affect the ball to roll off to the right, but watching the replay from various angles, the ball looked like it had already starting to roll off when he touched the net. although it look like a clear grab, I didn't see the rim get pulled down. He probably grabbed it on his way up and let go before his weight would have moved the rim. It happened so quickly, I'm not surprised the officials didn't catch it.

I don't know if that's a reviewable play, but if it would have been, and the refs went to the monitor, that would have been a scary situation. I didn't notice any coaches or players react as if they thought it impacted the shot. Did anyone notice any protest from the Cincinnati side?

Reaction Score
When have you ever seen a goaltending call for someone grabbing the net. Just about never.
I've seen it it called a few times, but those times you could clearly see the rim getting pulled down. That didn't seem the case this time.

Reaction Score
1. the ball was already coming off the rim
2. Justin Jackson pushed DD into the net, so if they were to call anything, an over the back foul would be appropriate
3. Refs will never make that call at the end of the game unless it obviously affects the ball, which it did not

No need to keep talking about this.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Oh my gosh, do any of you have a DVR? I replayed the replays a few times and you can clearly see it was the Daniels who grab the net. I actually noticed him grabbing the net when it first happened and was worrying there might be a whistle on that last play.

At first I thought him grabbing the net may have been enough to affect the ball to roll off to the right, but watching the replay from various angles, the ball looked like it had already starting to roll off when he touched the net. although it look like a clear grab, I didn't see the rim get pulled down. He probably grabbed it on his way up and let go before his weight would have moved the rim. It happened so quickly, I'm not surprised the officials didn't catch it.

I don't know if that's a reviewable play, but if it would have been, and the refs went to the monitor, that would have been a scary situation. I didn't notice any coaches or players react as if they thought it impacted the shot. Did anyone notice any protest from the Cincinnati side?
We'll let you be the replay monitor

Reaction Score
Cronin was asked about it in the press conference and said that he isn't tall enough to see that. Classic.
“I’m already worried about Selection Sunday in NCAA Tournament,” he said. “I’m not tall enough to see stuff like that. You really think they’re going to call that for Cincinnati? What games have you been watching all year? Seriously?”

Cronin is always whining.

Reaction Score
Thanks Mr Positive

By rule it was goaltending I said it last night when it happened in the chat room and I will say it now. I also said no official will ever make that call also.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
that's not true, it was clearly DD. Some replays were absolutely conclusive. You could see the whole body

now, was he pushed into grabbing the net?, did Cinc travel? IDK

I do know DD pulled down on the net with the ball on top of the cylinder
actually, the ball had already bounced its last bounce on the rim and was a few inches above the rim and off to the side of the rim when DD grabbed the net, so it did not affect whether the ball went in or not and it was a bang-bang play but reviewing all angles again just now, it should not have been called goal tending and the hard crash by #15 (not Jackson, although he was to DD's side) into DD's back also came a split second after he grabbed the net (so I have no idea why DD did that) .

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Was it a goal tend? Absolutely! Justin Jackson also had a clean block (shown on replay) that was called one. A four point swing. No one on the Cincy board is complaining. Dems the breaks. What they are complaining about is Cincy's pitiful free throws (sans Kilpatrick). That's what cost the game.

On to the Tourney...

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score

just last week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc