• No

Votes: 90 47.4%
  • I don’t know

Votes: 22 11.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Yes, it is institutional. Clark has repeatedly turned down opportunities extended to her by USA basketball, so the institution was not sold on suddenly adding her when she was finally showed some interest.
Details please on Clark repeatedly turning down USA BB. America’s Cup 2023 team Clark turn down? Thought this might have happened, just didn’t see it confirmed. Others? TIA

CC played USA BB in 2017, 2019, and 2021, and was cut by USA BB in 2018.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Is she better than several players on the team? Yes. Will the US will be fine without her? Also yes. At the end of the day she isn’t there, the US will still cruise to gold and I don't think it's any sweat off Caitlin's back as she's on vacation in Mexico and enjoying a deserved break from basketball. Time to move on, people.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Enough is enough.

Can we please close this thread?

Reaction Score
After watching the game against Japan, and their physicality, and fouling, I don’t think Caitlyn would have handled it well at all.

As noted several times, a reason to put her on the team is long-term strategy: give her (and other young players) some experience, so they are better prepared next time. Many players have had poor first attempts at the Olympics; it's better if that first experience occurs when they are in a secondary role.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I could live with ten players chosen by the coach and committee with 2 chosen by fans. Coaches might not be crazy about it
I doubt there's a coach alive (well in the pool for NT coach) who would be willing to go along with that.

And if the coach had to, then those "walk-ons" are getting maybe 0-1 minutes a game.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
World Championships will be during the wnba season in 2026 and the league will not pause for that. USA has appealed to FIBA, but they haven't changed their decision, yet.
When do you think FIBA should change it too? When every other league in the world is in season? If the WNBA wants to run their league during the "off season" then they're gonna have to deal with the off season tournaments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom