Should Benedict or a Search Committee Choose the HC? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Should Benedict or a Search Committee Choose the HC?

Reaction Score
oh no. a nissan marketing person is leading our coaching search. we're doomed. seriously. I've now given up hope.

Reaction Score
oh no. a nissan marketing person is leading our coaching search. we're doomed. seriously. I've now given up hope.
He left Nissan over 10 years ago and joined his father's firm which has performed over 1000 executive searches over 30 years.

Reaction Score
Good to see Benedict on the sidelines standing with the team last night, That lets the players know that he’s behind them and gives him a feel for what’s going on with the players. That’s what lead to him replacing RE after the Holy Cross debacle in the first place.

Reaction Score
The value in using an outside search firm is they can contact coaches/agents currently under contract elsewhere. This allows DB to gage level of interest without putting the prospective coach in violation of contractual issues with their current employer

Also, part of the deal with these search firms is they complete all the background checks necessary.
Dont forget the search firm will be ethically , and probably contractually, prohibited from going after coaches they already placed in their current school..I have done more than a few searches in the business world and that is something many people forget. The more coaches they have placed, the fewer places we can look.

Banta55

Hoops since 86"
Reaction Score
Dont forget the search firm will be ethically , and probably contractually, prohibited from going after coaches they already placed in their current school..I have done more than a few searches in the business world and that is something many people forget. The more coaches they have placed, the fewer places we can look.
Good point .

Reaction Score
I really liked what I heard from the lead Daniel Parker from Parker Search Group in the chat because he grasps and sees alot of positives that Uconn FB has and can do, with what's already in place, that tons of these programs don't have. Especially when most teams aren't gonna get to play for anything except some random bowl game, not a NC, no matter what they do ( just ask UCF). It's just getting the right HC, who'll sees the same opportunity, will enjoy the challenge and the journey.
Lol… sources:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom