Should be a recruiting video - testimony by non-UCONN player | The Boneyard

Should be a recruiting video - testimony by non-UCONN player

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Great stuff. Thanks for sharing! There are many players who have had glowing and amazing things to say about their experiences in being coached by Geno, especially when he was the HC on the US National Team. Angel McCaughtry and Sylvia Fowles come to mind, but that's just off the top of my head. I'm sure there are many others...

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Great stuff. Thanks for sharing! There are many players who have had glowing and amazing things to say about their experiences in being coached by Geno, especially when he was the HC on the US National Team. Angel McCaughtry and Sylvia Fowles come to mind, but that's just off the top of my head. I'm sure there are many others...

Understandable that Nared reacted that way. Imagine the transition from the black hole of Basketball knowledge to the Super Nova in Geno.

Regarding other USWNT players, I remember EDD was gaga over his knowledge of the game.

Last edited:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Understandable that Nared reacted that way. Imagine the transition from the black hole of Basketball knowledge to the Super Nova in Geno.

Regarding other USWNT players, I remember EDD was gaga over his knowledge of the game.
Then there was this player who many (including me, Angel Herself, and Jeff ) had dubbed not coachable, needed to be a better teammate or not a Geno type player.
1590179578644.png

Boy was I wrong! BTW if Jamie Nared had come to UCONN she would have been like say Napheesa Collier And she would never have to worry about punching T'ea Cooper.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Then there was this player who many (including me, Angel Herself, and Jeff ) had dubbed not coachable, needed to be a better teammate or not a Geno type player.
View attachment 54621
Boy was I wrong! BTW if Jamie Nared had come to UCONN she would have been like say Napheesa Collier And she would never have to worry about punching T'ea Cooper.

Maybe Angel wanted to strangle Geno for some of the beatdowns she took from Geno when at Louisville.;)

Reaction Score
Add Brittany Griener to that list. After she graduated she expressed that thought that if she had to do it again Baylor would not have been her choice and had high praise for Geno and the program. She felt that he would have used her differently and that she would have been better for it.

Reaction Score
Add Brittany Griener to that list. After she graduated she expressed that thought that if she had to do it again Baylor would not have been her choice and had high praise for Geno and the program. She felt that he would have used her differently and that she would have been better for it.
I would love to see Geno and Staff have a post player 6’9 to work with and develop for 4 years, I think that player could go on to do great things.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

Her comments when she was on the National team with Geno who really liked coaching BG

"It was a great experience playing for Coach Auriemma because he is really passionate and he is a great coach," Griner said. "He was working on my game, just getting big and just playing to my full ability."

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
The list of non-UConn players who have appreciated Geno's coaching would not be complete without the almost was a Husky Elena Delle Donne. He, of course, coached her on Team USA. At one point as @eebmg noted she was effusive :

“There are so many great coaches out there but there aren’t always great teachers,” she said, “and that’s something that’s always struck me about him -- how great he is at getting his point across, and just continuing to teach. We’re all pros and we’ve heard so many different things. But he kind of explains things in a different way. And it’s been great. I feel like he’s the sun and I’m just trying to soak in all that knowledge. It’s been fun.

“I’m thrilled that I’m able to have him as my coach right now.”

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Ahhh. How many Boneyarders have fantasized about Elena playing her four years at Uconn. Geno would have had to start scheduling WNBA teams.

Reaction Score
I wonder how Moore and Delle Donne would have worked out if they had 3 years to play together. Moore was used as more of a power forward her last 3 years at UConn her handle wasn’t the strongest in college, and Delle Donne even though listed as a wing seems to play her best at the 4 as well. Also the thought of having Delle Donne and Mosqueda-Lewis both knocking down 3’s for one could have been dangerous.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom