Should be a good game - won't be surprised if UCONN wins | The Boneyard

Should be a good game - won't be surprised if UCONN wins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
BYU is going to be without 6 starters - which includes 2 of our best DBs. We seem to be digging ourselves quite a hole to start the year.

We'll see how it goes...

Reaction Score
Let's just play the game. It's entirely possible that we just flat out have more talent than you. Even with your 6 starters. I mean we have consistently sent more kids to the NFL than BYU has.
Man, you guys love the fact that you have 20 people in the NFL. Do they give trophies for that? Nobody cares how many people you have put in the NFL in the past. I think this is just the one bright spot you have to cling to in your recent history of football. Do you tuck yourselves in at night saying "BYU is way older and faster and stronger and wiser and emotionally sound, because they're all return missionaries...but we have 20 guys in the NFL so we should win this game." I have news for you, BYU is out-talented in almost every game they play and yet they have still won the majority of their games over the last 30 years. If you are betting your kid's college fund based on the fact that you should be more talented than BYU because you have 20 people in the NFL then I think you are going to have some angry kids!

Reaction Score
Man, you guys love the fact that you have 20 people in the NFL. Do they give trophies for that? Nobody cares how many people you have put in the NFL in the past. I think this is just the one bright spot you have to cling to in your recent history of football. Do you tuck yourselves in at night saying "BYU is way older and faster and stronger and wiser and emotionally sound, because they're all return missionaries...but we have 20 guys in the NFL so we should win this game." I have news for you, BYU is out-talented in almost every game they play and yet they have still won the majority of their games over the last 30 years. If you are betting your kid's college fund based on the fact that you should be more talented than BYU because you have 20 people in the NFL then I think you are going to have some angry kids!

We do give trophy points here for being a . Here's 590 for you.

Reaction Score

I think you're just clinging to your incorrect hope that no talent resides on the UConn roster.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
I have news for you, BYU is out-talented in almost every game they play and yet they have still won the majority of their games over the last 30 years. If you are betting your kid's college fund based on the fact that you should be more talented than BYU because you have 20 people in the NFL then I think you are going to have some angry kids!

30 year?

You've average 5 losses a year for the last 4. Seem like about 5 times a year that talent deficit is tough to overcome.

Now, your record against really crap&y teams is excellent. Congrats.

Reaction Score
And for the record, those rocks never went into outer space.

Reaction Score
I think you're just clinging to your incorrect hope that no talent resides on the UConn roster.
Not at all, in fact, I would concede that UConn probably has more talent than BYU, but that does not mean a victory. I'll say it again (not sure how you missed it the first time) BYU is out-talented in almost every game they play and yet they have still won the majority of their games over the last 30 years. Yes 30 years is a long time ago and doesn't matter today, I simply used this number to demonstrate that BYU has been overcoming this "talent" issue over a long stretch of time.

Reaction Score
That was one of the biggest jokes of a national championship anyways.
Right, because every other national championship has been 100% agreed upon by everybody. That was a crappy year of college football but it was still a consensus national championship. How many does your football team have?

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
Not at all, in fact, I would concede that UConn probably has more talent than BYU, but that does not mean a victory. I'll say it again (not sure how you missed it the first time) BYU is out-talented in almost every game they play and yet they have still won the majority of their games over the last 30 years. Yes 30 years is a long time ago and doesn't matter today, I simply used this number to demonstrate that BYU has been overcoming this "talent" issue over a long stretch of time.

Why do you lose 5 games a year? And mostly beat up on inferior teams?

Reaction Score

Can Jimmer suit up? (Not that he could hold Kemba's supporter in football, either. Just asking.)

Reaction Score
30 year?

You've average 5 losses a year for the last 4. Seem like about 5 times a year that talent deficit is tough to overcome.

Now, your record against really crap&y teams is excellent. Congrats.
An average of 5 losses a year would still result in a team winning the majority of their games, which is what I said. UConn has averaged 7 losses a year for the last 4 years, and with all of that NFL talent too, wow. Now I know you are going to say "yeah, but our coaching...", to which I would say, I know, we have excuses too. Fortunately for you, you have already established that your excuse for tomorrow is that we are just too old and it's not fair.

Crappy teams? Really? Are we going to have a strength of schedule debate? You guys are lucky that you were in a BCS conference (albeit the crappiest one) because you wouldn't have sniffed a BCS bowl otherwise. What did you end your BCS bowl season with, 5 losses? Nice.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
You can tell its close to game time - getting chippy!!

Reaction Score
An average of 5 losses a year would still result in a team winning the majority of their games, which is what I said. UConn has averaged 7 losses a year for the last year, and with all of that NFL talent too, wow. Now I know you are going to say "yeah, but our coaching...", to which I would say, I know, we have excuses too. Fortunately for you, you have already established that your excuse for tomorrow is that we are just too old and it's not fair.

Crappy teams? Really? Are we going to have a strength of schedule debate? You guys are lucky that you were in a BCS conference (albeit the crappiest one) because you wouldn't have sniffed a BCS bowl otherwise. What did you end your BCS bowl season with, 5 losses? Nice.

The irony here being this thread was created by one of your BYU brothers in arm already building in "just in case" excuses.

Reaction Score
No, but they do for conference and national championships and we stack those like cord wood.

Not to mention that putting kids into the NFL actually matters to recruits. This guy is hanging onto 1984 for dear life trying to mask the fact that BYU has done absolutely nothing for the past 30 years. The greatest achievement in that span was Jimmermania, which lasted a whole 2 games in the tourney.

Reaction Score
Not to mention that putting kids into the NFL actually matters to recruits. This guy is hanging onto 1984 for dear life trying to mask the fact that BYU has done absolutely nothing for the past 30 years. The greatest achievement in that span was Jimmermania, which lasted a whole 2 games in the tourney.
I haven't even mentioned 1984, except in response to you. You're right, BYU has not done anything amazing over the last little while, but they have had some great seasons and continue to be a top 40 football program in the country, not to mention several Davy O'Brien award winners, a Doak Walker winner, Heisman trophy winner, Outland Trophy Winners, and dozens of All-Americans.

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score

Eric who Blew, so you were out-talented by Middle Tennessee, Utah State, Houston, Idaho State,Boise State and Nevada? Not according to Rivals recruiting ranking, which has you 50th for 2009 and 40th 2010.

That's 6 of your 8 wins last year, with a 7th Georgia Tech being ranked a whole 1 place above you in 49th in 2009 and 4 places below you in 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom