Should a player get game MVP if they were ejected??? | The Boneyard

Should a player get game MVP if they were ejected???

Status
Not open for further replies.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Alshon Jeffery was named the MVP of USCe's bowl game after being kicked out for fighting during the game. Personally, I don't think he should have been allowed to be MVP. It's sad that we ignore sportsmanship in an effort to reward talent.

Reaction Score
He should be eligible for MVP, prob disqualified for best sportsman award

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
If he was the most valuable player then yes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
They must have figured he represented the SEC core values and figured he was the best choice.

Reaction Score
There is no question that he should be eligible. If there is one thing clear about college athletics, its that morality went out the window lonnnnggggg ago.

Plus, its a freaking game not an election.... wait... that is a cheap shot to compare Alshon to those animals...

Reaction Score
Only if he also won the on field dance and prance contest, after all that is the most important part of football these days.

Reaction Score
Absolutely yes. I'll take an Alshon Jeffries at UConn anytime (what's an occasional ejection if you can make catches and be a playmaker like him?). This ain't the Ivy League of the 1950's.

Reaction Score
No. If you get kicked out, IMO you are hurting your team especially if you have the talent Jeffrey does. I disagree with Alshon Jeffrey receiving the MVP award.

Reaction Score
No. If you get kicked out, IMO you are hurting your team especially if you have the talent Jeffrey does. I disagree with Alshon Jeffrey receiving the MVP award.

If you are up 50 points with :01 to go and are ejected have you hurt your team?

Reaction Score
This past weekend, Chan Gailey showed me what an NFL coach is supposed to do when one of his players puts himself above the rest of the team. Personally, I think this penalty of fifteen yards helped jump start the sagging Pats offense at a critical time in the game. Brady gets better field position on the ensuing kickoff, and the Brady train never stops again til the final whistle. My favorite players are the ones who score a touchdown, and hand the ball to the referee, and go back to the huddle. Some fans may disagree, and like the dancing and prancing and showboating, but my point is why further incense the other team to play harder by antagonizing them?
Here is the link: http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/sh...nched-after-8216-Happy-New-Ye?urn=nfl-wp14956

Reaction Score
I agree. At least UConn hasn't had to suffer from that nonsense to date. We are blessed with a classy bunch of receivers. And all from great families! :>)

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Yes. You hurt your team's/school's image - ESPN and the other media outlets show images of you being an idiot. Just like the thugs in the Cincy/Xavier bball fight did.
Maybe they should update his MVP stats to include punches taken/landed.

Reaction Score
Yes. You hurt your team's/school's image - ESPN and the other media outlets show images of you being an idiot. Just like the thugs in the Cincy/Xavier bball fight did.

+1

Reaction Score

Ok, different question you answered but fine. Within the confines of the game I disagree.

Reaction Score

And BTW, not sure if you saw the footage, but punches taken would be 1, thrown/landed would be 0. This was a little one-sided and not sure he should have been ejected.

Reaction Score
I agree. At least UConn hasn't had to suffer from that nonsense to date. We are blessed with a classy bunch of receivers. And all from great families! :>)

Alshon Jeffrey doesn't come from a great family??? That's a known fact???? Alshon Jeffrey isn't classy? That's known too??? I do know he is more talented than any wide receiver UConn has had in a long time (save for the possibility of Marcus Easley for 8 or 9 games in his senior year). I'd take him in a heartbeat, if he were available. He CATCHES the ball, so I'll suffer through coaching him up to make decisions on the field. Other observation, the Nebraska kid certainly was not an innocent bystander. And we probably don't know what stuff preceded the blow up.

Reaction Score
And BTW, not sure if you saw the footage, but punches taken would be 1, thrown/landed would be 0. This was a little one-sided and not sure he should have been ejected.
I agree...I did not see him throw a punch. Should he have allowed a lesser player to bait him..no, but when someone punches you in the head sometimes better judgement goes out the window.

Reaction Score

He got ejected for grabbing the guy's facemask, but I agree that he did not look to be the instigator.

Reaction Score

why, were they up 50? or were they up 3 with a quarter to play? any player ejected when up only 3 with over a quarter to play should not get the MVP. you could argue that he did more to hurt his team's chances of winning than anyone else on the field

Reaction Score
why, were they up 50? or were they up 3 with a quarter to play? any player ejected when up only 3 with over a quarter to play should not get the MVP. you could argue that he did more to hurt his team's chances of winning than anyone else on the field

No, they were not up 50 - the question posed was should any player who is ejected be elected MVP since that player, by being ejected, has hurt his team. I took that as a hypothetical, not related specifically to yesterday's game.

And on this board, you can argue anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom