Shot Charts for NCAA Tourney Teams... | The Boneyard

Shot Charts for NCAA Tourney Teams...

Reaction Score
Great thread showing where teams like to shoot from relative to the NCAA average (chart is where team is above the "average" team, if I understand this correctly.

Ours is perfection for the "modern game". Codgers commence to codgering :)

Reaction Score
It helps that our heaviest-use guys on offense are:
  • Back to the basket bigs
  • 3-point shooters
  • straight-line drivers to the rim

Reaction Score
UConn and Alabama are basically identical
F6AC76BD-860B-48A0-B9D8-FDB8428CA06C.jpeg

Reaction Score
Can anyone find a chart on Iona? Not sure why the poster didn’t include the high seeds.

caw

Reaction Score
Wait. Look at Boise States again. Do they actually shoot the ball?

Seriously though, I thought it was just me, but looking at the chart it's not. Is there a reason UConn shoots fewer shots from the corner three? Fear of stepping out of bounds, teams better at defending that spot on the floor? Not enough drive and kick to that spot? Just curious, it was a pretty good shot for a lot of past UConn teams.

EDIT: These do not surprise anyone watching UConn this year. I've said Hurley runs some fantastic offensive sets. Does he always have the personnel to make the most of what he runs, no, but he runs fantastic stuff offensively. His defense is also usually pretty good from a statistical POV. That's why Shaka's play call against Hurley's defense was so impressive when they got those two open threes on the slipped screen while clearing out that side of the floor completely and having their ball handler moving to the crowded side of the floor.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Can anyone find a chart on Iona? Not sure why the poster didn’t include the high seeds.

I think some of the higher seeds didn't have enough shot chart data (needed a minimum 10 games charted from whatever site the guy used)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom