Short Javonte Brown Fergurson workout vid | The Boneyard

Short Javonte Brown Fergurson workout vid

Reaction Score
He looks a tad bouncier than he did during his final season. He should the strength coaches most important assignment.

So true. He has great size, decent touch and crazy wingspan. Athleticism and stamina will need to be developed over the next year for him to reach his potential. Shot looks decent too

I would imagine practicing 5 dribble mid-range fadeaways isn't going to be something he'll be practicing here. Kind of a waste of his time tbh. Kid needs a post move, counter, rim running ability, and hopefully a serviceable jumper. At his size that could make him dominant. He's probably the tallest player in the NBE.

Reaction Score
Looks like he’s a lot more fluid and getting adjusted to his grown body. He’s going to be a solid player.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
So true. He has great size, decent touch and crazy wingspan. Athleticism and stamina will need to be developed over the next year for him to reach his potential. Shot looks decent too

I would imagine practicing 5 dribble mid-range fadeaways isn't going to be something he'll be practicing here. Kind of a waste of his time tbh. Kid needs a post move, counter, rim running ability, and hopefully a serviceable jumper. At his size that could make him dominant. He's probably the tallest player in the NBE.
He wants to be Jokic lol. I think patience is going to make or break him. He's got too much competition in front this season to expect any play time, and he honestly needs to continue developing everything you just pointed out. He could dominate in 2 years, but we can't expect much out of the gate.

Reaction Score
He wants to be Jokic lol. I think patience is going to make or break him. He's got too much competition in front this season to expect any play time, and he honestly needs to continue developing everything you just pointed out. He could dominate in 2 years, but we can't expect much out of the gate.

I expect a redshirt. He was young for the 2021 class to begin with.

Reaction Score
I expect a redshirt. He was young for the 2021 class to begin with.
i'd like Javonte Brown Ferguson to red-shirt too, but that's primarily because it would mean martin got a waiver. if martin doesn't get a waiver how can we go into the season with 10 healthy players?

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
i'd like Javonte Brown Ferguson to red-shirt too, but that's primarily because it would mean martin got a waiver. if martin doesn't get a waiver how can we go into the season with 10 healthy players?
Polley and Akok should be healthy pretty early in the season, and it's not like he would contribute more than 5 fouls against worthy competition anyways. Jmo

Reaction Score

I mean they don't have any positional overlap. I don't see how one effects the other.

If Akok isn't healthy our weak spot will be the 4. I imagine that Springs, a little Whaley, and Polley will have to split time there. Martin could play the 4 a little which would be helpful.. but I'm not counting on it. Maybe Jackson could spot some minutes... it's certainly a concern.

We are deeper at the 5 than anywhere. A more fit Carlton, late-season Whaley and Sanogo is formidable.

Reaction Score
I don't see how one effects the other.
it wouldnt make a difference to me if martin was a PG nevermind a F. my point is that going into the season with only 10 healthy bodies is a big handicap, look what happened last year. didnt we start with 11 guys and end up with 7?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
it wouldnt make a difference to me if martin was a PG nevermind a F. my point is that going into the season with only 10 healthy bodies is a big handicap, look what happened last year. didnt we start with 11 guys and end up with 7?
The thing is you don't have to declare him a redshirt in October and live with the consequences. If it gets to February and we're down to 9 players, you play Javonte and burn the redshirt year

Reaction Score

Ike Obiagu Seton Hall 7'2

Reaction Score
I don't want to redshirt him, if strength coaches and our coaches do their job on development - he won't be here in 4-5 years. So NICE to not have to worry about this anymore!!!!

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
He looks very good. More skilled than I expected at his size. Very interesting.

No idea why people are talking about redshirting him. If that was going to happen why would he have reclassed. I think Whaley is our starting 4 unless Akok comes back better than expected. I assume Josh and Sanogo will consume most of the minutes at the 5, and Javonte Brown Ferguson will play sparingly. PF is plenty deep, and that's with Polley mostly playing as a 3. Whaley, Springs, Akok when available and Polley as needed. Polley is supposed to ready by the start of the season.

This whole team is crazy deep at every spot but SG.

Reaction Score
Well, that was better than the infamous Folder Chair clip but not by much.

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
His jumper form is way better than I thought.

Reaction Score

You don't seem to be getting my point. Yeah, 10 healthy players will suck but 1) Polley will be better by then and 2) position is just as important. The problem last year was that we had no depth at the 3/4 towards the end (and only 2 Cs).

We could have 12 scholarship players available but if they're all 6'1 our team is going to stink. Just because there are 13 scholarships doesn't make our team more or less likely to be affected by injury. Regardless of what happens at the 1-4, we have 3 or 4 guys who can play C ahead of Javonte. That's a much easier redshirt to make than, say, Richie was.

Let's say Jackson gets hurt. Whaley/Carlton/Richie aren't playing the 3. So how does having Javonte help us? Polley/Adams/Bouk are going to be soaking up those minutes, not Carlton/Whaley/Sanogo.

If he doesn't redshirt, it probably means he's much farther along than I expected, which could be fantastic for the team though. Depth never hurt anyone!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
He looks very good. More skilled than I expected at his size. Very interesting.

No idea why people are talking about redshirting him. If that was going to happen why would he have reclassed. I think Whaley is our starting 4 unless Akok comes back better than expected. I assume Josh and Sanogo will consume most of the minutes at the 5, and Javonte Brown Ferguson will play sparingly. PF is plenty deep, and that's with Polley mostly playing as a 3. Whaley, Springs, Akok when available and Polley as needed. Polley is supposed to ready by the start of the season.

This whole team is crazy deep at every spot but SG.
Same reason Richie Springs reclassed and redshirted last year (although there's certainly differing views on when that was known. Get him into the program and you get to work with him to build up the strength over relying on someone else to do it.

Seems to be a trend that Hurley has been using, Martin and Springs last year and possibly Martin this year now

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom