Shooting @ Gampel | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Shooting @ Gampel

Reaction Score
There a lot of HOF coaches, including one in CT, that don’t agree with you.
“Takes about 15 minutes shooting around a new gym” - Are you trying to get a reaction from Chief? Tell that to Ray Allen, who would always shoot in the game gym before the game was played - for at least an hour. Tell that to Larry Bird - who would shoot at The Garden - every chance he got.
You remind me of the kid on Bird’s HS team that never stayed after practice to practice foul shooting among other things. He missed a deciding foul shot in the Indiana HS Championship tournament. Bird never talked to him again. Not because he missed the shot but because he did not work hard to improve his game.

Ignoring everything after "you remind me" because it's a nonsensical rant comparing me to a high school kid in Indiana who didn't work hard enough 40 years ago, it seems like the first half of your response completely missed what I was saying initially anyways. I'm not arguing that there isn't a benefit to shooting in your own gym as frequently as possible, but if you really think the shooting issues on this team are at all significantly caused because they recently opened the practice facility, I'm not sure what to tell you or your HOF buddies.

C

Chief00

Ignoring everything after "you remind me" because it's a nonsensical rant comparing me to a high school kid in Indiana who didn't work hard enough 40 years ago, it seems like the first half of your response completely missed what I was saying initially anyways. I'm not arguing that there isn't a benefit to shooting in your own gym as frequently as possible, but if you really think the shooting issues on this team are at all significantly caused because they recently opened the practice facility, I'm not sure what to tell you or your HOF buddies.
You mischaracterized my post again and as for your post it’s so incoherent and contradictory - Chief will just say - Happy New Year.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
The ceiling at Gampel was a real eyesore. Fixing the ceiling should make the players feel better about themselves; improving the image of their court, and thus their own self image in the process. Raising self worth should lead to improved confidence and better shooting.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom