Shooting @ Gampel | The Boneyard

Shooting @ Gampel

C

Chief00

When the Werth Center was built, while needed, I had some reservations about impact on game shooting.
There is nothing like practicing your shot in the building you play your games in. I was very happy to read Adams, Vitale and Anderson shot @ Gampel after the women’s game Tuesday night. There is some evidence it made a difference at key times.
The true test will be when the b*t*hes get back to campus - will they still be shooting at Gampel @ 11pm? I hope so.

Reaction Score
What does the women being back have to do with if they will still shoot in gampel at night?

The women and men both have their own courts/ sides in the new practice facility.

C

Chief00

What does the women being back have to do with if they will still shoot in gampel at night?

The women and men both have their own courts/ sides in the new practice facility.

LOL - not talking about the women’s basketball team at midnight. Other women, not at Gampel. Did I connect enough of dots?

C

Chief00

The women had a game Tuesday night in Gampel.

Reaction Score
When the Werth Center was built, while needed, I had some reservations about impact on game shooting.
There is nothing like practicing your shot in the building you play your games in. I was very happy to read Adams, Vitale and Anderson shot @ Gampel after the women’s game Tuesday night. There is some evidence it made a difference at key times.
The true test will be when the b*t*hes get back to campus - will they still be shooting at Gampel @ 11pm? I hope so.

Nah the explanation is much simpler, this team just can't shoot well from 3, doesn't really matter where they're playing. You ever, you know, actually play basketball? It takes about 15 minutes of shooting around at a new gym before you're comfortable playing there. Granted that's rec league, but if that's their issue they should probably hang it up since you have to play road games in the NBA and college once in awhile. I also think Jalen's been to Gampel enough that he can't use that excuse anymore. Not to mention the fact that other teams seem to have no problem coming in once a year and torching the nets.

Not sure what you're dropping b*t*hes in there for either, much more enjoyable read when you're spouting innocent ridiculousness.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Before he gets the teamsters after you

The Teamsters aren't remotely close to as scary as they were before Jimmy Hoffa became an integral part of the structural integrity of a bridge abutment on I-95 in downtown Providence.

Reaction Score

Couldn’t agree more you need to take shots and practice more where u play.

This is the problem with having so many games at the xl center. I almost wish we played WSU and NOVA in Gampel. People would have drove the extra miles to get a taste of that... then again WSU was during break. Nothing like playing games in Gampel!

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
If they can't run the women off the court at Gampel, they need to get tougher.

Roy Williams didn’t let the KU women practice at Allen Field House. I think he practiced on the main court as much as possible, as @Chief00 suggests.

Edit: and I see I misunderstood Chiefs point about females.

C

Chief00

Roy Williams didn’t let the KU women practice at Allen Field House. I think he practiced on the main court as much as possible, as @Chief00 suggests.

Edit: and I see I misunderstood Chiefs point about females.

Chief’s views are with good company!

C

Chief00

The Teamsters aren't remotely close to as scary as they were before Jimmy Hoffa became an integral part of the structural integrity of a bridge abutment on I-95 in downtown Providence.
As I said, the Women’s Center protestors might be scarier, but at least it would have been some offset.

Last edited by a moderator:
C

Chief00

Nah the explanation is much simpler, this team just can't shoot well from 3, doesn't really matter where they're playing. You ever, you know, actually play basketball? It takes about 15 minutes of shooting around at a new gym before you're comfortable playing there. Granted that's rec league, but if that's their issue they should probably hang it up since you have to play road games in the NBA and college once in awhile. I also think Jalen's been to Gampel enough that he can't use that excuse anymore. Not to mention the fact that other teams seem to have no problem coming in once a year and torching the nets.

Not sure what you're dropping b*t*hes in there for either, much more enjoyable read when you're spouting innocent ridiculousness.

There a lot of HOF coaches, including one in CT, that don’t agree with you.
“Takes about 15 minutes shooting around a new gym” - Are you trying to get a reaction from Chief? Tell that to Ray Allen, who would always shoot in the game gym before the game was played - for at least an hour. Tell that to Larry Bird - who would shoot at The Garden - every chance he got.
You remind me of the kid on Bird’s HS team that never stayed after practice to practice foul shooting among other things. He missed a deciding foul shot in the Indiana HS Championship tournament. Bird never talked to him again. Not because he missed the shot but because he did not work hard to improve his game.

Last edited by a moderator:

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Tell that to teams playing in the Carrier Dome.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom