Shonn Miller | The Boneyard

Shonn Miller

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I see some big games for Shonn in the next few days. Shonn could well be one of the most important players on the team. It should be a great game against Colorado. If we are lucky enough to get past Colorado, he got a great chance to take on Kansas.

caw

Reaction Score
I see some big games for Shonn in the next few days. Shonn could well be one of the most important players on the team. It should be a great game against Colorado. If we are lucky enough to get past Colorado, he got a great chance to take on Kansas.

Really want to see how Miller matches up with Ellis. Colorado first of course.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Him staying out of foul trouble is the single biggest key to our success.
Agreed. However some of his fouls were nuts. How many times has he defended with arms up and gets whistled. Especially up by the perimeter. Brimah also. You are right but I feel like defending them also. Unless I am missing something on the whistle.

Reaction Score
To think, with our final 4 aspirations in the pre-season he was pegged as a glue guy. Fast forward to now and he's our best player. Damn I'll miss him.

Reaction Score
I shudder when I think about where we would have been without him this year. His post offense and rebounding were exactly what we needed.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
I loved watching him play except for the silly fouls. When he started his offensive moves I kinda expected them to go in every time and was more shocked when he missed. Throw in those high flying dunks and he really is someone I wish we had for more than one season. Seemed like a great teammate too.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
Wish we had him three more years.

But, this is his first tourney appearance. So happy for him.
1. If a player wants to get to the NCAA tourney, he needs to come to UConn.
2. If a player wants to win a national championship, he needs to come to UConn (Witness Tyler Olander - 2 >Jim Boeheim - 1).
3. We will be noticeably better in the NCAA tourney, simply due to the fact that we will not be facing AAC refs.
4. Curtis Shaw shoplifts his paycheck every single week.
5. As far as we manage to go in this tournament....it will largely be because of Shonn Miller.

Reaction Score
I shudder when I think about where we would have been without him this year. His post offense and rebounding were exactly what we needed.
And who does his job next year?

Reaction Score
Those aren't "AAC refs", they work everywhere. Love Shonn and will miss him, but starting tomorrow he's gotta play D while not playing like he's in the UConn secondary trying to complete pass breakups. We need him on the floor for every minute possible.

Reaction Score
He is our "Deandre Daniels" Wild Card this Tourney. If he gets hot he can win a game or two himself.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
He has been looking for his face up 3 point shot the past 5-6 games.

I'm looking for that trend to continue to clear out the lane for Adams' drives and pull a defensive rebounder away from the basket.

Reaction Score
Wouldn't mind him shooting that wide open three to keep the defense honest in pick n rolls/dribble handoffs. And yes it's probably the biggest storyline for uconn, how long can Miller stay on the floor and dominate the paint?

He does have great defensive instincts down low (rotating on all those charges drawn), so it's tough to tell him to not be aggressive. he reaches a bit too much

Reaction Score
Single biggest concern about next year is replacing him. We don't have someone I can point to and say "yeah, no worries, X can fill Miller's shoes."

Really enjoyed Miller this year. Only regret, besides him not having remaining eligibility, is that we didn't find a way to better integrate him into the offense at times.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
We have the Huskies of Honor for the All-Americans. We need another wall for guys who were just dudes. Maybe put it in the tunnel or in the weight room. Miller belongs with Freeman and Adrien in the initial class. I thought he was that good.

Reaction Score
Larrier, and Ollie has the stretch 4 he really wants.

Larrier isn't a stretch-4 any more than Hamilton is -- they're within an inch in height and about 5 pounds of each other in weight.

My impression is Larrier is a less-skilled, but probably more athletic version of Hamilton. He will get backup minutes at the 3 and sometimes at the 4 when we go small (just as Hamilton gets minutes at the 4 when we go small). But he's not a full-time starter at the 4 in the way DD was.

Reaction Score
I think we need to hope that Diarra can pick up some of the rebounding and toughness that Shonn takes with him. Hopefully Facey as well. I keep waiting for Facey to break out and be really good. Maybe next year is the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom