Shonn Miller | The Boneyard

Shonn Miller

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Texas was biting on the head fakes tonight. It made Hamilton and Miller look really good.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Just saw sportscenter and this putback was somehow not on their top 10. That better change ASAP

Reaction Score
I don't know why but I am most confident when Miller has the ball. Even more than Hamilton or Purvis. It just doesn't seem like he makes mistakes that often. And shoots at a high percentage.

I completely agree with this. He has great in the post footwork and body control. Starts off slow with his offensive moves and then finishes quickly with his athleticism. Great at getting defenders off balance and following up missing shots (along with Hamilton). His 5th year senior poise really shows when he has the ball in his hands on the offensive end. At times it looks like he's moving in slow-mo getting up the court, but he's just a master of knowing when and when not to exert energy when it's needed.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
I think he still has more to give, although his stats tonight were impressive given how his minutes were limited by fouls.
I predict that his defense will steadily improve and he will have some dominant performances.

Reaction Score
Miller is s glue guy and a star. Love having him on the team.

Reaction Score
No offense to Miller but the putback looked more spectacular live. That jam brought me out of my seat.

The replay doesn't do it justice, making it look somewhat routine. Also Miller doesn't sell his dunks like Stanley and Jeff did, he's all business.

Reaction Score
I thought Miller was exceptional tonight. Coach Calhoun said it a while back(so it must be true) but I really don't get the impression Miller realizes how good he is. I feel he is still holding back some,doing a great job in his role, but could really take charge out there. And for the love of God, shoot more three's. Kid has a beautiful stroke.

Reaction Score
I don't know why but I am most confident when Miller has the ball. Even more than Hamilton or Purvis. It just doesn't seem like he makes mistakes that often. And shoots at a high percentage.
It's like he's really smart. Maybe he got good grades at some point in his life too.

Reaction Score
Let's be very clear here. Shonn Miller might be the team's mvp. I'm not saying he's got the best talent. I'm not saying he's our best scorer. I'm not saying he's going to get drafted. I'm saying the man is solid more consistently than anyone else. He finally gives us a shot to compete for rebounds against anyone we face and he bodies up and plays great defense in the block. Most of all he hustles and plays hard every possession. That stuff is contagious. God I love him on our team.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Another nice spot up 3 pointer last night.

That evolution of his game in to the offensive flow will be great.

When teams are forced to defend him 20' from the hoop it gives him running starts at the basket for offensive rebounds and put backs.

Reaction Score
I thought Miller was exceptional tonight. Coach Calhoun said it a while back(so it must be true) but I really don't get the impression Miller realizes how good he is. I feel he is still holding back some,doing a great job in his role, but could really take charge out there. And for the love of God, shoot more three's. Kid has a beautiful stroke.

I think where i get a little squeamish with Miller with the ball in his hands is when he puts it on the floor from around the 3 point line and tries to drive it in. That is not his game imo. I think he needs to post up and hit spot up jump shots. Also like we saw on that put back, slash through on shot attempts looking for the put back or just the rebound.

I agree with you that i feel like he is holding back! If he could go non stop and play with more reckless abandon (as Walt Clyde would say) like a Gerald Wallace does/did, he would be a crazy load that almost no body in college basketball could handle both offensively and defensely. Sometimes i feel like he is just thinking too much out there.

Reaction Score
I can't believe that Miller played in the Ivy League. He should have averaged 20 points/15 boards!

Reaction Score
Really nice game for Shonn and that is becoming a more consistent theme around here with him. Starting to feel his way around now and that's a real good thing. Gets big rebounds in traffic and that's a must from him. Really needs to stop the reaching fouls on D, he's too smart and good for that while it cuts his minutes down. Also the once a game moving pick which he does move on - stay still make the offensive guy use you don't help them.

Efficient player. Saw Taylor drive and dish past him for a Lammert lay in and a few plays later he saw it coming and while helping there the left hand out and deflected the pass for a Husky steal. Just a nice player and thank God he's getting more and more comfortable.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Another nice spot up 3 pointer last night.

That evolution of his game in to the offensive flow will be great.

When teams are forced to defend him 20' from the hoop it gives him running starts at the basket for offensive rebounds and put backs.
I was going to mention that if I didn't see it when I hit bottom post. Miller has donated a three from time to time. AND looks good doing it. Very smooth. What a contribution when you need it and least expect it.

Reaction Score
Let's be very clear here. Shonn Miller might be the team's mvp. I'm not saying he's got the best talent. I'm not saying he's our best scorer. I'm not saying he's going to get drafted. I'm saying the man is solid more consistently than anyone else.
not sure how reliable it is as a college bball metric, but he has the best PER on the team as of right now (#66 overall in the country, nobody else on our team is in the top 100). so the advanced metrics seem to agree with you.

Reaction Score
Miller is a stud, our most consistent/least frustrating offensive player, and needs to play more than the 22 minutes he played today.

Reaction Score
agreed with the 3s...he shot over 100 last year; although not at a great percentage

Reaction Score
I can't believe that Miller played in the Ivy League. He should have averaged 20 points/15 boards!
I can't believe that Miller played in the Ivy League. He should have averaged 20 points/15 boards![/QUOTE
When Miller played for Cornell he was the focal point of every team's defense. He was often mugged and double teamed. This, in part, accounted for his output of 16 ppg and 8rpg.

The Ivy League is no chump league and has some superior talent. Granted, it's not a high major league. However, you might recall that Yale, who last year lost four Ivy League games, beat UCONN. Harvard beat a 3 seed, New Mexico, in the tournament 2 years ago and Cornell went to the Sweet Sixteen in 2010. Four of the players on that team played pro in the "D" league, the European League (premier division) or the NBA (Jeff Foote played very briefly for the Hornets).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom