Shoni Schimmel Waived by NYL | The Boneyard

Shoni Schimmel Waived by NYL

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
Really didn't look very effective against either the Sparks or Wings at the Mohegan.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Really didn't look very effective against either the Sparks or Wings at the Mohegan.

Sorry to hear she was waived. I like her. That was a short lived comeback. I hope she has a plan B. :rolleyes:

In other Liberty news...........Kia Nurse continues to impress. She lead Four in Double-Figures for 81-75 Preseason Win over Sparks. [Box score] Stokes (foot injury) and Charles (head injury) DNP.

UNCASVILLE, CT – Kia Nurse’s game-high 19 points led a group of four Liberty players in double-figures en route to New York’s 81-75 preseason victory over the Los Angeles Sparks at the Mohegan Sun, Tuesday evening. Marissa Coleman added 14 points for a consecutive time, Reshanda Gray registered a double-double comprised of 11 points and 13 boards while Kelly Faris ended with 10 points.

Last edited by a moderator:

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Sorry to hear she was waived. I like her. That was a short lived comeback. I hope she has a plan B. :rolleyes:

In other Liberty news......Kia Nurse continues to impress. She lead Four in Double-Figures for 81-75 Preseason Win over Sparks. [Box score] Stokes (foot) and Charles (head) DNP.

UNCASVILLE, CT – Kia Nurse’s game-high 19 points led a group of four Liberty players in double-figures en route to New York’s 81-75 preseason victory over the Los Angeles Sparks at the Mohegan Sun, Tuesday evening. Marissa Coleman added 14 points for a consecutive time, Reshanda Gray registered a double-double comprised of 11 points and 13 boards while Kelly Faris ended with 10 points.
BUT BUT BUT... Kia can't create her own shot so she won't be successful in the WNBA!! :rolleyes:

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
BUT BUT BUT... Kia can't create her own shot so she won't be successful in the WNBA!! :rolleyes:

Ah - the "experts" strike again!

Kia will be a major contributor for the Liberty. Katie Smith knows quality guard play when she sees it. Kia is a quality guard who is not intimidated by anyone.

Reaction Score

I appreciate your comment. Kind of got sick and tired this past year reading about what Kia couldn't do on the BY. Kia has stated she is comfortable playing the 1, 2, or 3 in the pros. Smith has said she can play the point and was quite surprised by Kia's speed, noting how competitive she is and how hard she works in practice. Sound familiar? It's only two preseason games so I'm not rushing to judgment; time will tell. But so far, so good and the future looks bright. It's probably a breath of fresh for her not to have to defer to three other players for scoring all the time. Maybe Kia did have a specific "role" with UConn as many have said. Maybe that wasn't by choice. We shall see.

Reaction Score
It was unrealistic to expect Shoni to make a roster after sitting out so long and under the circumstances that she left under. Even a player who is in shape needs to keep their skills honed against top flight competition and not just against players you would see in pickup games on the Rez. Besides that she has always been streaky, and with out the benefit of her rep if she hit a cold streak in camp they cut her, very unlike when she was first drafted.

Reaction Score

In other Liberty news......Kia Nurse continues to impress. She lead Four in Double-Figures for 81-75 Preseason Win over Sparks. [Box score] Stokes (foot injury) and Charles (head injury) DNP.

Yeah I am sorry to hear that Shoni got waived as well. Tough market when you only have 12 teams. You have to bring your "A" game at all times! No letting up.

Wow. Kia 19 points!! Well done young lady. Good to see Kelly Faris with some decent numbers.

Reaction Score
I for one am not sorry she got waived because it was totally unrealistic to expect not to be. I would also like to see her get back into the game, but by putting in more effort than just showing up to camp. Being in good Shoni shape is not enough after such a long lay off. Realistically she should have played overseas to face competition and hone her skills.

Reaction Score
I appreciate your comment. Kind of got sick and tired this past year reading about what Kia couldn't do on the BY. Kia has stated she is comfortable playing the 1, 2, or 3 in the pros. Smith has said she can play the point and was quite surprised by Kia's speed, noting how competitive she is and how hard she works in practice. Sound familiar? It's only two preseason games so I'm not rushing to judgment; time will tell. But so far, so good and the future looks bright. It's probably a breath of fresh for her not to have to defer to three other players for scoring all the time. Maybe Kia did have a specific "role" with UConn as many have said. Maybe that wasn't by choice. We shall see.

Kia Nurse succeeding in the WNBA is a no-brainer...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom