Shocking news! They are doing a remake of Roadhouse! | The Boneyard

Shocking news! They are doing a remake of Roadhouse!

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
What’s next? Are they going to repaint the Mona Lisa?

There are some things that should be left well enough alone. Roadhouse is perhaps the best bad movie ever. Remaking it is, well, just wrong! Who would even suggest such a thing? Do you know how that pitch meeting should’ve gone? Something like this:

Pitch guy: “So we are thinking about remaking Roadhouse…”

Studio executive: “Get the hell out of my office!”

Roadhouse Roundhouse Kick GIF by MetzgerBrenner

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
The idea of remaking a cult movie is about a dumb as it gets. Cult movies were BAD movies that came together in just the right way to be ironically entertaining. It's like trying to a catch lightning bolt with another lightning bolt.

There are scores of bad movies that you could redo and potentially get a huge hit. It's been done, a good example is the Lord of the Rings. As a rule, stay away from anything Swayze related or did Point Break teach them nothing?

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
there is a whole industry based on boomer nostalgia. prolly a measureable component of gdp. an entire family guy episode is dedicated to lois trying to break peter of his constant 'living in the 80s' demeanor.
pretty funny. i don't begrudge any producer bringing that hokum to market, as they are just trying to make a living. still boring, tho.

apparently here, no one noticed that one of those newer entrants into the tv biznatch is remaking an outstanding program that's not from the ice age - Leverage. cuz it's good. the 'arm' in that program would easily kick patricks butt.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
next up? what's happening II, Dee learns that Rebound is diagnosed with diabetes, and sends him a box of chocolates. scintillating. that episode is titled 'put down the fork!'

i found this program to be sort of offensive.

Reaction Score
I categorize Road House as the worst movie I've seen the most times. An absolute classic. I am heartbroken. Jake Gyllenhall as Dalton. Jesus, Mary and Joseph....

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
I categorize Road House as the worst movie I've seen the most times. An absolute classic. I am heartbroken. Jake Gyllenhall as Dalton. Jesus, Mary and Joseph....
Asked about his qualifications to replace Patrick Swayze in this epic film Gyllenhaal replied “uh, I was in Donnie Darko with him?”

Reaction Score
Asked about his qualifications to replace Patrick Swayze in this epic film Gyllenhaal replied “uh, I was in Donnie Darko with him?”
Good Lord.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
next up? what's happening II, Dee learns that Rebound is diagnosed with diabetes, and sends him a box of chocolates. scintillating. that episode is titled 'put down the fork!'

i found this program to be sort of offensive.
Rebound?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom