Shock Still Winless | The Boneyard

Shock Still Winless

Status
Not open for further replies.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
There is no doubt that they will be in the thick of things when it comes to getting the number 1 draft pick. If things go according to play, they will have Cambage and Tiffany Jackson back next year. Am I crazy to think that if they get the number 1 pick that they go with EDD? If Cambage performs really well in the Olympics might they feel that they have their center of the future and go with an outside threat?

Reaction Score
This is just nonsense.

If Tulsa won the lottery and picked anyone but Griner, the GM, owner, and everyone in that front office should be fired immediately and sent to an insane asylum.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
They could get the #1 pick, draft Griner, and then trade Cambage for the #2 pick, which will be EDD. EDD & Griner together? Unstoppable.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
That is what any reasonably sharp GM would attempt to do.

tnvolfan65

Loyal LV Fan
Reaction Score
Do y'all think someone would trade the #2 pick (EDD) or even the #3 pick (Diggins) for Cambage? Serious question...

I think Tulsa would in a heartbeat. But I don't think it would be to the benefit of either Washington or New York. I think Cambage has unlimited potential (and why I think if Tulsa can't get an elite player they should keep both her and Griner but I won't get into that again.) However I think after her one year in the league, she has more question marks then even EDD and Diggins.

Looking at the other potential lottery teams (Phx/Seattle/San Antonio), who would make that trade?

I know there are probably some Phoenix fans here, but god I hope they dont get any of those picks. They win the lottery by getting PT and DT back. Likewise LJ takes Seattle back into contention. (And if they can hang on til after the Olympics, maybe they both will knock San Antonio into the lottery.)

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
I actually hope Phoenix gets the #2 pick, and drafts EDD. My partner said we'd get seasons tickets if that happens. LOL

Husky4Life

ibleedblue
Reaction Score
Tulsa finally wins their first game today defeating the Phoenix Mercury, 87-75.

Reaction Score
Questions

1. Why would EDD pass on a beach volleyball career?

2. Why cannot WBNA have the equivalent of the LA (formerly SD) Clippers?

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
I actually hope Phoenix gets the #2 pick, and drafts EDD. My partner said we'd get seasons tickets if that happens. LOL

Phoenix needs a post presence in the worst way. Delle Donne would help, in that she provides a big win who can create her own shot. But Griner is a force of nature who will change the game.

Having Griner and the return of Penny Taylor allows a for a lineup of Prahalis/Taurasi/Taylor/Dupree/Griner, with Charde Houston and Dewanna Bonner as scoring forwards off the bench.

That being said, with the #2 pick, I might consider taking Skylar Diggins over Delle Donne, since I am not sure Prahalis is the point guard of the futrue (and it would be great to have someone like her as a backup point guard; she is good enough to be a starter on a bad team, but would work great as a backup on a really good team). But if you are drafting the best overall player at #2, I think Elena fits that bill. That becomes the question...draft for need or draft the best overall player?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom