Shock owners to move team to Dallas... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Shock owners to move team to Dallas...

Status
Not open for further replies.

AllAmerRedHeads

Barnstorming America author
Reaction Score
Ahhh. Dallas Diamonds. had such a nice program signed by NL on cover.

I think they will have a bit better following down there. Yet, as with most of the WNBA teams, I do not expect any great following knocking down the doors.

I hope I am wrong, but with the league at almost 20 years, the growth of popularity to this point has been disappointing to me. Some upticks here and there for sure, but expected more.

Sorry Tulsa... good luck Dallas

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Although that would be convenient for me I hope they don't go to a small town like Frisco. They need to play in the AAC. They need to be in the heart of the city as not to make it too far of a drive to get to the games.
Just curious - where the hey is Frisco? I used to go to Dallas area on business (it has been 10 years, I guess since I went) and never heard of it, also have driven through the "metroplex" a few times. Sister-in-law and family are in Austin area.

If not the NBA arena - are there any other good arenas more centrally located? I think Chicago Sky floated around but never in NBA arena, but think almost everyone else that could be, is.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Frisco is north of Dallas, probably 30 minutes from downtown. But it's close to lots of suburbs (Plano, Allen, McKinney, Southlake, Coppell) which is where the majority of families live. (Obviously lots live in Dallas, but the suburbs is where a lot of disposable income is) Our MLS team, FC Dallas, plays out there, as do the NBA D-team and the Frisco Roughriders, which is minor league baseball. There's a really nice sports complex, and Jerry Jones is building the new Cowboys training facility there. It would be an ideal place for a WNBA team, IMO.
ls.jpg

Reaction Score
I like this move. Texas, especially Dallas, will provide the Shock a strong fan base.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Not sure who owns the American Airlines Center........ but the Shock owners need to talk to them about having the Shock play there. Anyplace else would be a major downgrade for a WNBA squad.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Not sure who owns the American Airlines Center... but the Shock owners need to talk to them about having the Shock play there. Anyplace else would be a major downgrade for a WNBA squad.

I agree. And the new team needs to send the message of being part of the Dallas culture. They need to demonstrate a culture of success and playing in the AAC would provide that much more than playing in smaller arena in the suburbs.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
The Dallas Frack? Better than the Dallas Shlock..

Reaction Score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01