Shock guard play still disappointing. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Shock guard play still disappointing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
In regards to Mongomery's rookie year, in 8 less minutes a game she averaged 9 ppg vs 8.5 ppg for Diggins while shooting 41% and 35% compared to Diggins 29% and 15%. More assists, but a better A/To for Montgomery.

And the hype for Diggins is about 100 times what Montgomery received.

In 2009, Renee averaged 9.0 points in 22.5 minutes a game (WNBA career stats). She averaged 2.1 assist (and 1.94 turnovers for an A/TO of 1.08), 1.9 rebounds and .7 steals.

Diggins averages 8.5 points in 30.1 minutes, 4.9 assists (and 3.07 turnovers for an A/TO of 1.6), 2.4 rebounds and 1.4 steals. And as for Cambage, the WNBA can call her whatever they want, but she's no superstar. Besides, she's been gimpy and has played only 6 games.

Renee was very heralded, coming out of college after an undefeated national championship and winning the Frances Pomeroy Naismith & Nancy Lieberman Awards as the country's best point guard and the Honda Award as the best women's basketball player of 2009. No, she didn't get as much hype as Diggins but that's not her fault, or Diggins. I can't believe some people are blaming Diggins for something ESPN does.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
In 2009, Renee averaged 9.0 points in 22.5 minutes a game in 2009 (WNBA career stats). She averaged 2.1 assist (and 1.94 turnovers for an A/TO of 1.08), 1.9 rebounds and .7 steals.

Diggins averages 8.5 points in 30.1 minutes, 4.9 assists (and 3.07 turnovers for an A/TO of 1.6), 2.4 rebounds and 1.4 steals. And as for Cambage, the WNBA can call her whatever they want, but she's no superstar. Besides, she's been gimpy and has played only 6 games.

Renee was very heralded, coming out of college after an undefeated national championship and winning the Frances Pomeroy Naismith & Nancy Lieberman Awards as the country's best point guard and the Honda Award as the best women's basketball player of 2009. No, she didn't get as much hype as Diggins but that's not her fault, or Diggins. I can't believe some people are blaming Diggins for something ESPN does.
You left off shooting percentages. That does matter.

I'm just looking at her performances (I've seen 6-7 games) and posting what I've seen.

Diggins is a two time first team AA and two time BE POY. And while I don't blame her for,the hype, she certainly embraced it.

I just don't think she is quick enough, big enough or a good enough shooter to be a star in the WNBA.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score

I'm just looking at her performances (I've seen 6-7 games) and posting what I've seen.

Diggins is a two time first team AA and two time BE POY. And while I don't blame her for,the hype, she certainly embraced it.

I just don't think she is quick enough, big enough or a good enough shooter to be a star in the WNBA.

C'mon, fess up, how mature were you when you were 21? And how much more immature would you be if you had ESPN fawning over you and famous people were following you on Twitter, telling you how beautiful you are? And Skylar only mugs for the camera. She isn't out murdering semi-pro football players like other pampered athletes have done.

Adesmar123

Can you say UConn? I knew you could!
Reaction Score
"And Skylar only mugs for the camera. She isn't out murdering semi-pro football players like other pampered athletes have done."

And the stakes suddenly rocket upward with the playing of the murder card.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
C'mon, fess up, how mature were you when you were 21? And how much more immature would you be if you had ESPN fawning over you and famous people were following you on Twitter, telling you how beautiful you are? And Skylar only mugs for the camera. She isn't out murdering semi-pro football players like other pampered athletes have done.
All true.

It doesn't change the fact that she is really struggling and she's never been a great shooter and playing against really quick and strong players every night has her shooting really poorly.

None of us know if that will change the more she plays.

CCinCT

Poster
Reaction Score

But Doggy, if the Shock got Prahalis, they could be the All Time All Pout WNBA backcourt !

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
But Doggy, if the Shock got Prahalis, they could be the All Time All Pout WNBA backcourt !

Oh, that would be a problem - there wouldn't be enough pout to go around! Who's gonna take the last-second pout? Who's gonna distribute the pout, and who's gonna be a pout-hog? When one of 'em drives the pout to the basket, and, say, Tina Charles says something funny and makes 'em grin, will Doris Burke comment "Twice on the pipe! That mope was denied!"

If a good pass that leads to a basket is called an assist, what do we call it when a teammate/opponent/official does something that leads to a good pout? Maybe a "Debbie", as in Debbie Downer? What's the antithesis of a "Debbie"? :) *Sigh*..just another stat to keep track of, and to try and interpret its value.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom