Shirreffs? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Shirreffs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Its funny because the reverse is how we ended up with Boyle here. He was all set to take his talents to Chesnut Hill until the coaching change, which changed the offensive philosophy, and in turn made it not a good fit for Tim.
I think the spread is coming IMO.
Whether the offense is a defined spread or not I believe HCBD wants a QB that is mobile.
he could very well end up there after all with all that has transpired

Reaction Score
Before we annoint the kid as the starting QB, can we keep in mind:
  • He was a 2 star QB who chose NCSt over Bucknell, Yale and Dartmouth.
  • he ran for 158 yards and a touchdown and threw for one touchdown in a “wildcat” role as a freshman.
  • He transferred not because of the style of play, but because they were moving him to fullback
Like all the kids, I hope he succeeds here and has all of us cheering. But before we annoint yet another kid holding the clipboard on Saturdays, a savior, can we at least put it in some perspective.

pj

Reaction Score
  • he ran for 158 yards and a touchdown and threw for one touchdown in a “wildcat” role as a freshman.
  • He transferred not because of the style of play, but because they were moving him to fullback
Like all the kids, I hope he succeeds here and has all of us cheering. But before we annoint yet another kid holding the clipboard on Saturdays, a savior, can we at least put it in some perspective.

Our perspective is fine. We're only anointing him our best QB if he's the backup. If he's the starter, Boyle is our best QB.

Reaction Score
Our perspective is fine. We're only anointing him our best QB if he's the backup. If he's the starter, Boyle is our best QB.

Truer words were never spoken.

Reaction Score

Don't knock the Yale offer, Yale's current QB would be starting for us right now, he's really good. A Yale offer also means this kid has the type of mind you want at QB.

Reaction Score
Don't knock the Yale offer, Yale's current QB would be starting for us right now, he's really good. A Yale offer also means this kid has the type of mind you want at QB.

Of course the current Yale QB is a transfer from Clemson. Apparently he thought there as too much emphasis on football. Maybe he was too smart to play there?

Reaction Score
Of course the current Yale QB is a transfer from Clemson. Maybe he was too smart to play there?

I don't know that story, but if Shirreffs is as good as Morgan Roberts we are in for a fun ride.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro