Shirreffs Guts alone not enough to win | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Shirreffs Guts alone not enough to win

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Yeah, these guys have a deathwish. Its like jack@$$ tv show "Im bryant shirreffs and this is the bonecrusher" everytime he takes a snap

Reaction Score
What is amazing is BS never blames anyone. I sat front row right behind our bench and he just comes back to the sideline and is positive trying to figure out what to do next time. Over and over. Never screams about missed blocks or that he is not going to be able to walk in his 30s.
Whitmer gets killed, Casey gets killed, BS getting killed... I am tired of seeing these guys get brutalized for our University.
The kid is a class act. Heart of a lion. When he has time, he can be accurate.

Reaction Score
I'm sure we all agree that Shirreffs is an incredibly tough kid and more than deserving of our respect. What's the most frustrating to me this season is all of the wasted low ceiling running plays we've seen. Outside of the Maine game Shirreffs has 97 carries for 136 yards for 1.4 yards a carry. Whether it's a fault of the line, Shirreffs not going through his reads, or the staff for failing to play to our strengths, we can't afford to throw away so many plays, especially with our D nowhere near as suffocating as in years past.

I'd love to see an emphasis the rest of the season on limiting Bryant's rushing attempts by getting more quick hitters to our playmakers and playing up tempo which seems to work for us. It's deflating to watch and dangerous for our QB to keep tucking the ball and running into a pile of defenders. At least with Newsome, Thomas or Mayala having the ball, there's at least a chance of something big happening.
Often, he simply has no time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek