OT: - Shipping items across the country | The Boneyard

OT: Shipping items across the country

JakeTheDog

Makin’ bacon pancakes
Reaction Score
Hey Yard,

Does anyone have experience shipping packages coast to coast? I have to send three to five 25-50 lb packages from Oregon to CT and want to do this as cheap as possible. Time is not an issue. Fed-Ex seems to be the cheapest based off some quick research but if anyone has any recommendations or tips or tricks, any help would be appreciated.

Reaction Score
Have used FedEx for years, including Freight. UPS is also dependable, totally a question of price between those two - USPS might be less expensive, but my experience is you get what you pay for, at least when it comes to using USPS.

Reaction Score
Check greyhound always heard they were cheapest
Just about to reply this. Pretty heavily used in the car community to ship bulky/heavy parts. Just make sure you package well and wouldn't do anything fragile.

Reaction Score
Do not use the USPS at this moment in time.
That's what I heard and experienced. My sister-in-law sent us some Christmas presents first class mail on 12/14 from Florida to Massachusetts. We just got the package this past Wednesday. I've heard other stories like that.

Reaction Score
I sell on Ebay and gave had more issues with UPS of late than USPS, but neither real good right now.

Reaction Score
That's what I heard and experienced. My sister-in-law sent us some Christmas presents first class mail on 12/14 from Florida to Massachusetts. We just got the package this past Wednesday. I've heard other stories like that.
my mom sent me a package via USPS 2 day express and i got it yesterday, 14 days later

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
My brother in law sent our Christmas gifts from CO. Paid USPS extra to have our items to us in 3 days. They stayed in his local PO for three days before moving out. A frozen cherry pie bit the dust.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
If it's just a few boxes, use UPS freight or FedEx ground. If you throw them on a pallet the trucking companies will be twice as much. It's still going to be pricey. I bring in 30-40 containers from overseas every month. There is a container shortage worldwide and what usually costs me $2400-$2700 for a container is now close to $7000. There is also a long haul driver shortage in the US. All of this combined makes shipping anything stupidly expensive right now.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom