"She's The Rock" | The Boneyard

"She's The Rock"

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
It's my avowed policy not to argue with Gabby about anything, and certainly not about Lou:

"She's showing everyone that she's the rock of our team," fellow UConn All-American Gabby Williams said. "She's proving to us we can rely on her for everything every game. She got a couple offensive rebounds for us. She played good defense. She did other things besides score.

"To me the Player of the Year is someone who knows how to win, regardless of what her statistics are. They're going to do whatever they have to do for their team to win."

Samuelson, UConn hold off Louisville

PacoSwede

Creeker in fact
Reaction Score
It's my avowed policy not to argue with Gabby about anything, and certainly not about Lou:

"To me the Player of the Year is someone who knows how to win, regardless of what her statistics are. They're going to do whatever they have to do for their team to win."

Why is it that some people are touting that Mitchell kid from Ohio as a front-runner? Strange.

Gabby is right on, it seems to me. (FWIW, I think Gabby herself -- as well of Lou -- is more deserving.)

/QUOTE]

Centerstream

I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but
Reaction Score
Hmm. I thought that Wilson from SoCar was the frontrunner, at least according to the ESPN analysts and broadcasters.
I believe that the frontrunner should be one of the UConn kids. And seeing how the award seems to based upon offensive prowess (ie. Mitchell from OSU), Lou would be my pick but seeing how balanced our scoring is, it will hurt her chances.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I remember in one of the national team competitions Maya took on the 'job' of settling the team early by scoring a few baskets each game, the last Olympics DT took on that role. A few years ago it was Stewart for Uconn. And on this team generally Lou has done it. Geno has said he doesn't really worry about the defense as it has become very consistent, he looks to the offense end to see if a particular game is going to be a problem. For any team, seeing the ball go in the basket sure helps, and for this team Lou seems to have taken on that role.

Reaction Score
Hmm. I thought that Wilson from SoCar was the frontrunner, at least according to the ESPN analysts and broadcasters.
I believe that the frontrunner should be one of the UConn kids. And seeing how the award seems to based upon offensive prowess (ie. Mitchell from OSU), Lou would be my pick but seeing how balanced our scoring is, it will hurt her chances.

from the preseason on, it's been preordained by the basketball press that Wilson will be POY...........the only way that changes is if her team loses more games and KLS or another player gets headlines for some extraordinary play in some highly important games........also I wonder if the UConn players tend to cancel each other out leaving the individual awards to a player like Wilson, Mitchell, Durr or Ionescu

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
I think it should be Wilson, Vivians, or KLS. KLS and Vivians have very similar storylines and have been outstanding. Both have played exceptionally well in big games and are very good team players. KLS will make a good run for POY, I don’t think Vivians has the buzz about her like Katie or A’ja do, but she’s as deserving as anyone. Wilson has been as good as advertised but her team’s struggles may put her on the outs. There is definitely not a slam dunk pick like there has been for the last 10-15 seasons.

Centerstream

I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but
Reaction Score
from the preseason on, it's been preordained by the basketball press that Wilson will be POY......the only way that changes is if her team loses more games and KLS or another player gets headlines for some extraordinary play in some highly important games...also I wonder if the UConn players tend to cancel each other out leaving the individual awards to a player like Wilson, Mitchell, Durr or Ionescu
My thoughts exactly!!!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom