Sheep/Reverse Sheep Trivia | The Boneyard

Sheep/Reverse Sheep Trivia

Reaction Score
Rules:
  • There are two types of questions: Sheep questions (1-19) and Reverse Sheep questions (1-12).
  • For Sheep questions (1-18), you want to answer what you think will be given most often by other people. For example, if the question is "Name a Duke player" a good answer might be Christian Laettner and a bad answer would likely be Nick Horvath.
  • For Reverse Sheep questions (1-12), you want to give the answer that you think will be given least often by other people. For example, if the question is "Name a basketball conference in the NCAA", a terrible answer would probably be the ACC. A good answer would probably be the Horizon League.
  • In Sheep questions, you get one negative point for every person that gives the same answer as you, including yourself. For example, if you and six other people said Laettner, all seven of you would get -7 points. No points are given if you are the only person to say an answer.
  • In Reverse Sheep questions, you get one positive point for every person that gives the same answer as you, including yourself. If you and ten other people said the ACC, you would get 11 points.
  • The lowest total score wins. In the above two examples, your current score would be 11 – 7 = 5.
  • No using Google, Wikipedia, etc if you don't have to. Try to remain moral in this (i.e. don't use them to cheat).
  • Use the Google Form to input your answers.
  • Incorrect answers in Reverse Sheep get the number of points for the answer with the most votes + 1, making it worse than giving the worst correct answer.
  • Answers are due by Sunday, June 11th at 11:59PM EDT. Answers will be revealed over the following day(s)

I'm going to make this attempt at this game as UConn-centric as possible. Also these are questions concerning the Men's teams and players unless otherwise noted.

Sheep Questions
1) Name a UConn player before the ’99 Championship that never won a NCAA Championship.

2) Name a current NCAA D1 boys basketball coach that has never won a championship.

3) Name an AAC team that hasn’t won a NCAA championship in mens basketball.

4) Name a D1 college or university in New England, not including UConn.

5) Name a Conference that UConn was “linked” to during any part of Conference Realignment.

6) Name a player from last years team who was in the Concussion Protocol.

7) Name a character that Will Ferrell plays in one of his sports movies?

8) Name a NCAA POY since 2010.

9) Name a Husky of Honor.

10) Name a basketball sports movie from this century.

11) Name a current college coach who is in the Naismith Hall of Fame.

12) Name a P5 team that has changed coaches this offseason or last.

13) Name a UConn lottery pick from 2000.

14) Name a foreign-born player that played their college career for UConn.

15) Name a sports movie that was based on a true story

16) Name a Catholic University not including Notre Dame or Boston College.

17) Name any player in UConn men’s basketball history.

18) Name a team who has less championships that Tyler Olander.

2x Bonus Sheep Question
19) How many games did the UConn Women get their streak before it ended?

Reverse Sheep Questions
1) Name a starting guard from a UConn championship team

2) Name a college team that was once a member of the Big East that is currently not.

3) Name a city or town in CT that has or had a minor league baseball team.

4) Name a college or university that has appeared in at least 2 NCAA championships since ’05.

5) Name a P5 conference.

6) Name a #1 draft pick since 2010.

7) Name a college coach who has exactly 1 NCAA championship.

8) Name a top 5 all-time leader in blocks for UConn.

9) Name a member of the ’99 championship team that played in the NBA.

10) Name an arena/stadium that you would consider a home arena for UConn and not currently home to another school.

11) Name a player who transferred to another school since Ollie took over.

12) Name a player who transferred to UConn during Ollie’s tenure.

Here is the Google Form to input your answers.
HERE

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Cool. That was fun.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
I will give this a go...later tonight.

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
I almost used google, didn't, and now am dreading how stupid some of my answers will look.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I think we should take that one out of the scoring then. I thought it was a sort of trick question designed to trip people up.

I simply wrote in my assumption that it meant "in the 2000's" before responding. But agreed it should be tossed.

Reaction Score
I simply wrote in my assumption that it meant "in the 2000's" before responding. But agreed it should be tossed.

Alright that question will be tossed. Sorry for the confusion. It made sense in my eyes, but I'm the one writing them so.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I definitely answered one question wrong intentionally. But my answer was way better than the criteria for the date range.

Reaction Score
Thanks mini-coop

Didn't feel too good about this one at all, getting old man. Nothing popped in quickly. Still fun stuff!

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Thanks mini-coop

Didn't feel too good about this one at all, getting old man. Nothing popped in quickly. Still fun stuff!

That could be good actually, given the way points work

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
The movie questions annoyed me, nothing to do with uconn, and of course I don't watch movies. Still, thanks for putting this together.

Reaction Score
New participants have been stagnant, so get your answers in by tonight if you want to participate. I'll work on getting the results tabulated so I can start with the responses come Monday.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wilson

Top Bottom