Shea Ralph postgame… | The Boneyard

Shea Ralph postgame…

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Did not know Ralph and Dawn were as close as they are. Learned a lot from her post game presser. Pretty cool how much camaraderie there is in the sport these days, yet the coaches still want to beat each others heads in on the court. Love the sportsmanship.

I’m not the biggest Mulkey fan but it was cool seeing her and Dawn embrace before the LSU game. They couldn’t possibly be more different, but the sport bonds them.

Reaction Score
Did not know Ralph and Dawn were as close as they are. Learned a lot from her post game presser. Pretty cool how much camaraderie there is in the sport these days, yet the coaches still want to beat each others heads in on the court. Love the sportsmanship.

I’m not the biggest Mulkey fan but it was cool seeing her and Dawn embrace before the LSU game. They couldn’t possibly be more different, but the sport bonds them.
I think you blew right past the biggest news coming from this press conference. It seems coach Ralph's five-year-old daughter, Maysen, has attempted to verbally commit to South Caroliina. Shea confirmed this, noting her daughter said, "Mommy, I wanna play for the cockadoodles."

Young May May faced immediate pushback from the Vandy coach, who admits to saying, "No baby, you're going to play for the Commodores."

It's unclear whether Dawn Staley was on hand for this attempted commitment and whether the NCAA will be called upon to investigate coach Ralph's interference. It does appear Vandy won the opening salvo of the battle since they brought Maysen back to Nashville with them.

Stay tuned. Coach Yo will be in town Thursday, and I don't trust her as far as I can throw her. Don't be surprised if she gets in the middle of this recruiting dustup.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
I think you blew right past the biggest news coming from this press conference. It seems coach Ralph's five-year-old daughter, Maysen, has attempted to verbally commit to South Caroliina. Shea confirmed this, noting her daughter said, "Mommy, I wanna play for the cockadoodles."

Young May May faced immediate pushback from the Vandy coach, who admits to saying, "No baby, you're going to play for the Commodores."

It's unclear whether Dawn Staley was on hand for this attempted commitment and whether the NCAA will be called upon to investigate coach Ralph's interference. It does appear Vandy won the opening salvo of the battle since they brought Maysen back to Nashville with them.

Stay tuned. Coach Yo will be in town Thursday, and I don't trust her as far as I can throw her. Don't be surprised if she gets in the middle of this recruiting dustup.
And then what happens when Nonno Geno shows up? :cool:

Reaction Score
He wouldn't dare. Besides, Maysen attended UConn practices as an infant. She's seen the darker side of Geno and is not likely to fall for his charms.
Darker side really???

Reaction Score
Wow, that is great praise for Dawn coming from someone whose opinion I respect. I've said this elsewhere on this board, and on the main board, she may be the best coach in the game right now.
I'm not sure how to process this. Geno has honestly impressed me with the way he adjusted the lineup and saved UConn's season, ND notwithstanding. I really thought the Huskies' season was potentially headed to the brink (relatively speaking) after Texas, and he reminded everyone why he's got so many rings by continuing to tinker until he cobbled together a top ten rotation.

I certainly think when Geno retires, Dawn should be in position to take the torch, just as everyone knew Geno was the undisputed top dog the moment Summit retired. It's tough to say she's the best in the game right now when there's a guy with 11 rings right there. She is the only coach with multiple title appearances who has never lost a championship game though. Lotta ppl don't know that :D

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I'm not sure how to process this. Geno has honestly impressed me with the way he adjusted the lineup and saved UConn's season, ND notwithstanding. I really thought the Huskies' season was potentially headed to the brink (relatively speaking) after Texas, and he reminded everyone why he's got so many rings by continuing to tinker until he cobbled together a top ten rotation.

I certainly think when Geno retires, Dawn should be in position to take the torch, just as everyone knew Geno was the undisputed top dog the moment Summit retired. It's tough to say she's the best in the game right now when there's a guy with 11 rings right there. She is the only coach with multiple title appearances who has never lost a championship game though. Lotta ppl don't know that :D
Geno was the undisputed top dog before Pat Summitt retired. Just saying. For what it's worth, I don't think Geno has lost in the championship game either. Neither has Jim Calhoun, or Dan Hurley.

Anyway, right now, I think you can make a pretty strong argument that nobody's doing a better job coaching than Staley. That doesn't mean that Geno isn't the best coach of all time in women's basketball, it just means that at this moment in time Dawn Is doing it as well as anybody.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score

Kim's never lost a title game (4-0) and has a stellar Final Four record of 8-1 once she gets there.

Reaction Score
Geno was the undisputed top dog before Pat Summitt retired. Just saying. For what it's worth, I don't think Geno has lost in the championship game either. Neither has Jim Calhoun, or Dan Hurley.

Anyway, right now, I think you can make a pretty strong argument that nobody's doing a better job coaching than Staley. That doesn't mean that Geno isn't the best coach of all time in women's basketball, it just means that at this moment in time Dawn Is doing it as well as anybody.
short memory (about what I thought was Geno's finest coaching jobs considering what he had available and just getting to that game.)

Reaction Score

I'm neither a Tennessee nor a UConn fan, and I didn't think the guy with 7 titles was the top dog over the woman with 8, so he obviously wasn't then undisputed.

He was better than her in the two seasons we know she coached with early onset. Given what we know about the illness, entirely reasonable to believe she was suffering from the illness before it reached the point she sought a diagnosis from the Mayo Clinic.

Reaction Score
Kim's never lost a title game (4-0) and has a stellar Final Four record of 8-1 once she gets there.
It was a joke at the "Geno's never lost a championship game!" thing we heard incessantly before 2022. I thought about Mulkey, but didn't care enough to look. I just assumed she had more than one appearance with Griner. Good job protecting that perfect record? I guess?

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
And then what happens when Nonno Geno shows up? :cool:
Vino then spumoni. The one place in Columbia I could get spumoni no longer serves it. I was heartbroken the last time I went.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
I'm neither a Tennessee nor a UConn fan, and I didn't think the guy with 7 titles was the top dog over the woman with 8, so he obviously wasn't then undisputed.

He was better than her in the two seasons we know she coached with early onset. Given what we know about the illness, entirely reasonable to believe she was suffering from the illness before it reached the point she sought a diagnosis from the Mayo Clinic.
My mom suffered from Alzheimers and since I sit 4 rows behind the opposing head coach, I had told a friend of mine that Pat wasn't well, a year or two before she announced her diagnosis. It is a terrible, terrible disease.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom