Shea Ralph interview. | The Boneyard

Shea Ralph interview.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Summary. Offense good, Defense awful. :eek:

I leave it to those with better hearing to filter out what was said about each player personally.

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
Summary. Offense good, Defense awful. :eek:

I leave it to those with better hearing to filter out what was said about each player personally.
All I heard was a journalist using the word "anxious" instead of "eager" and I was gone before the 10 second mark. My guess is that Shea was more articulate than the questioner.

Reaction Score
We probably should have our ages printed next to our avatars, so we can guess whether the problems with audio on the Husky network are due to crappy hearing or crappy technology. If you can't understand Shea, try the interview with Lou about the OSU pregame. There's so much background noise at a volume as loud as or louder than the interviewees that even the closed captioning system can't pick out more than an isolated word or two. Luckily they rarely recite anything other than clichés. Eventually we'll need these interviews in braille.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
We probably should have our ages printed next to our avatars, so we can guess whether the problems with audio on the Husky network are due to crappy hearing or crappy technology. If you can't understand Shea, try the interview with Lou about the OSU pregame. There's so much background noise at a volume as loud as or louder than the interviewees that even the closed captioning system can't pick out more than an isolated word or two. Luckily they rarely recite anything other than clichés. Eventually we'll need these interviews in braille.

Age, schmage, the audio was the worst I have ever experienced. That terrible isn't worth putting up. Very rinky dink.

Reaction Score
About CW's defense, Shea said "she does not want to play defense" ..... "she is in between not bad and suck" :) Oh boy.
And almost every other young player who has the offensive fire power that she does feels the same way as a freshman. Isn't there a UConn royal who still can't guard a chair according to Geno and she's a multiple WNBA finals winner.....

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
About CW's defense, Shea said "she does not want to play defense" ..... "she is in between not bad and suck":) Oh boy.

That won't fly. We all know that. As bad as he needs her, if she doesn't play defense, she won't play. Just ask Saniya Chong. :eek: She's just beginning her journey at this level. There are many things she has yet to learn, this is one of them.

She WILL play defense or sit!! She said she wants to be great and legendary. Being exceptional on BOTH ends of the court like the UConn greats that came before her is the proving ground. If she wants her jersey hanging in the "Huskies of Honor" section in Gampel Pavilion before she leaves, she'd better learn to do her best Moriah Jefferson/Kia Nurse impression, and get in her defensive stance NOW......and stay there!!! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
It does boggle the mind why they cant simply move the interviews into a quiet room. :confused::confused::eek::eek::mad::mad:

We assume the person producing these videos takes pride in his work. That "pride" should also include producing a piece (that has his name on it) that can be heard by the target audience. I'm going to assume that whoever produced this piece is/was a broadcast journalism major.

Most folks that produce media pieces watch/listen to them (for quality control) first before releasing it for public consumption. If this piece was a class assignment for credit, he'd get an F.

Either move the interview to a hallway or room where there is no background noise, or use a hand held unidirectional microphone for everyone asking/answering questions to use. What good is it to watch an interview that you can't hear/understand the questions or answers? :confused:

As produced, this piece is bad, and can be used as an example of how NOT to conduct or record an interview.

That being said, it's nice to hear from the coaches from time to time, and not just Geno. They have a take on the "state of the team" also that I would be interested in hearing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Must not always be easy to get great sound - sometimes just gotta stick your phone out there and hope for the best, I guess. The background noise was annoying, but this wasn't a studio interview. I could hear every word with earbuds, and am appreciative that I was able to listen to some great stuff from Shea and KLS.

Reaction Score
I take this assumption a little tongue in cheek usually but boy she sounded the part, didn't she?

(Also FWIW, audio was fine when I listened with headphones.)
She sure did and if I were the AD, I’d be giving her a raise and changing her title to Assoc. Head Coach to assure the continuity.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom