Shea and Vandy vs So Carolina | The Boneyard

Shea and Vandy vs So Carolina

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
They lost, not a surprise, but Vandy put up 74 points in Columbia, SC with 6-2 Sacha Washington(18 points), 6-2 Aga Makurat (18 points), 5-9 Jordyn Cambridge (14 points), and 5-8 Iyana Moore (13 points) leading the Commodores.

By the way, Vandy lost to Tennessee in Knoxville by only 9.

0D734F4A-07FD-4B59-92B9-B2D4C3A9A858.jpeg

Reaction Score
They lost, not a surprise, but Vandy put up 74 points in Columbia, SC with 6-2 Sacha Washington(18 points), 6-2 Aga Makurat (18 points), 5-9 Jordyn Cambridge (14 points), and 5-8 Iyana Moore (13 points) leading the Commodores.

By the way, Vandy lost to Tennessee in Knoxville by only 9.

View attachment 95752
The loss in Knoxville still sticks in my craw a little bit, though the Vols are probably still a bit superior in terms of talent. It was tied with four minutes to go and a one-point game with just over three minutes. Vandy proceeded to miss two contested layups and turn it over twice while UT went on a 8-0 run to win the game, and this was with Rickea Jackson on the bench. The Dores shot no free throws in the second half and only six in the entire game. Both coaches classified it as a tough, physical game. The Vols were rewarded with 18 free throws and made a remarkable 17 of them.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
The loss in Knoxville still sticks in my craw a little bit, though the Vols are probably still a bit superior in terms of talent. It was tied with four minutes to go and a one-point game with just over three minutes. Vandy proceeded to miss two contested layups and turn it over twice while UT went on a 8-0 run to win the game, and this was with Rickea Jackson on the bench. The Dores shot no free throws in the second half and only six in the entire game. Both coaches classified it as a tough, physical game. The Vols were rewarded with 18 free throws and made a remarkable 17 of them.
I'm hoping that Vandy at home can take care of TN.

Reaction Score
I am just gonna put this here. Vandy is a good team who competes for 40 minutes regardless if they are losing or winning which is a testament to Shea. That being said, SC had the league up to 26 points and basically shutting Vandy Down towards the end of the 3rd qtr before Dawn pulled the all of the starters to let the reserves play the entire 4th qtr. At times she had to insert a starter in for a reserve that needee a blow, but for the most part it was the bench on out. This allows Vandy, who continued to play hard to put up points in the 4th qtr that would not have been evidentl if SC played its normal rotaion. Dawn seemed to be more intent on gving the bench time and reps even if the intensity slipped. This is why Dawn is able to not only keep a good bench, but also be able to play them more and more as the season move on.

Reaction Score
Shea can flat out Coach. Current WNBA Coach of the year (Stephanie White) was previously at Vandy and did nothing in 3yrs . Shea in year two is night snd day better.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I am just gonna put this here. Vandy is a good team who competes for 40 minutes regardless if they are losing or winning which is a testament to Shea. That being said, SC had the league up to 26 points and basically shutting Vandy Down towards the end of the 3rd qtr before Dawn pulled the all of the starters to let the reserves play the entire 4th qtr. At times she had to insert a starter in for a reserve that needee a blow, but for the most part it was the bench on out. This allows Vandy, who continued to play hard to put up points in the 4th qtr that would not have been evidentl if SC played its normal rotaion. Dawn seemed to be more intent on gving the bench time and reps even if the intensity slipped. This is why Dawn is able to not only keep a good bench, but also be able to play them more and more as the season move on.
We’re celebrating a UConn alumnus and her team here on the UConn side of the women’s board

Reaction Score
Shea is terrific and already has Vanderbilt looking competitive in the SEC which would have seemed impossible two or three years ago when they were safely at the bottom of the cellar. Dawn may win SEC COY for SC’s success but in any other year Shea would be the clear choice.

She’s also a fantastic representative of the university - always poised, professional, and pleasant in her media interactions. I’m a big fan and the top-ten recruit she just landed shows Vanderbilt isn’t going anywhere but up.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom