She Plays Like A Girl...and She SCORES | The Boneyard

She Plays Like A Girl...and She SCORES

Reaction Score

I love stories like this, especially since I had no sons. I always preached 'Girl Power' to my daughter when she was growing up as I steered her into as many sports as I could. Didn't work; she doesn't have an athletic bone in her body. Wait...how'd that happen? :confused:

Anyway, she has presented us with two grandsons. :) I'm thinking now's my chance! :cool: So I steered the 5-year-old into tee-ball last summer, just like I did with my daughter when she was eligible. This apple didn't fall far from the tree. :(

Oh well, #2 will be old enough in a few years, I guess I'll try again. :D

Reaction Score

I love stories like this, especially since I had no sons. I always preached 'Girl Power' to my daughter when she was growing up as I steered her into as many sports as I could. Didn't work; she doesn't have an athletic bone in her body. Wait...how'd that happen? :confused:

Anyway, she has presented us with two grandsons. :) I'm thinking now's my chance! :cool: So I steered the 5-year-old into tee-ball last summer, just like I did with my daughter when she was eligible. This apple didn't fall far from the tree. :(

Oh well, #2 will be old enough in a few years, I guess I'll try again. :D

You can’t make them like what you like... if you’re lucky they don’t hate it. Luckily the kids decided being fit and healthy was a good thing. That was good enough for me.

Reaction Score
My daughter was very athletic, ending up as a D3 high jumper. My son-in-law was her temmate and also a high jumper, along with hurdles. So with our first granddaughter already very springy at 6 months - I have HIGH hopes! She does sit still to watch the girls replays with me on my laptop, but prefers football on the big screen with her Dad.

In any case I love the film of this kid never giving up looking for an opening and then sprinting by all the boys!

Oldbones

Hates Surprises
Reaction Score
Never Give Up! Never Give UP! That Shippppppp! Rockne has nothing on Eddie Lawrence...

Reaction Score
Loved the lady running down the sideline. May or may not be the Mom? A must read in last week's SI on Todd Marinovich puts perspective on how the wrong pursuits can backfire.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom