She Looks Exhausted ...This Is Good, Right? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

She Looks Exhausted ...This Is Good, Right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Have I Got Your Attention Yet? | An NCAA Champion Feature | NCAA.org

"Practices haven't always been a barrel of laughs. Tuesday's practice was supposed to wrap up around 5 p.m., but it ended early as UConn coach Geno Auriemma lectured the group on using this time to constantly improve. For good measure, there was a wind sprint just so Auriemma's message truly hit home."

So maybe Crystal was interviewed after the wind sprints last Tuesday?

Reaction Score
There isn't a single UConn player who came in as a freshman and was not pushed to the limit and found a new limit (at some point, with Geno's "help"). Just because I don't think we are about to discover a senior as starting point guard doesn't mean I think Dangerfield will rise like a phoenix to smote the enemy. But, in the not to distance future, we will see some smotey stuff out of CD. :cool:
No doubt. We can argue about which is the GOAT at UConn, but I don't think it's much of a stretch to say, ultimately, that Breanna always had the greatest array of talents of any Husky in history. What might separate Diana from her is pretty much an unbelievably set of intangibles.

And we certainly cannot forget how much of a struggle it was early on for the most talented Husky of all time. There was never any doubt Crystal would be pushed and there really is no way to prepare for it. If there were, Geno would have the success he's had.

Fanmomma

UCONN WBB ALL DAY
Reaction Score
Why would she care, she's going to be attending the relative Texas day at daddy's backyard BBQ. Under the tree drinking sweet tea.

You might be right. lol

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
"Lemonade"
Not in Texas baby. Sweet tea all the way. Maybe Dr.Pepper on the side. Hopefully not "Lemonade" in the Beyonce' sense.

Last edited:

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Not in Texas baby. Sweet tea all the way. Maybe Dr.Pepper on the side.
I prefer Big Red... I get a few cases shipped to me atleast once a year

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
The difference as reported by many who have watched and participated in practices at Uconn is that there are no breaks - one drill runs into the next into the next until the final whistle so there is no chance to stop and allow body and mind to catch up. The mental fatigue is probably harder than the physical and both together are daunting because the criticism remains constant and the expectations never waver.

(Sue once mentioned after hearing a freshman talking, that they obviously hadn't yet learned the water bottle trick - the need for hydration could occasionally give you a minute of respite that came in handy for the more experienced players.)
Uc is right again. I don't remember Geno doing this with a freshman class since perhaps Stewie's freshman year. Here I think Geno is acceding to the fact that this young team needs to be built his way from the foundation up. This year he only has 10 ladies to throw out there making precision and conditioning big factors. This is how he finds his next Ms. Dependable , Ms. All World, Ms. Floor Leader, Ms. Swiss Army Knife. Put them through the crucible and see what refined players emerge.

Reaction Score
geesh a 16 second clip and we expecting to see teeth smh
Right...lol. We're quick to make something out of nothing! That's why I love the boneyard...definitely makes my time go by as I impatiently, patiently wait for the games to begin! Gotta love it! We would have several discussions if it were just a pic of her not smiling.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Just a small correction - Bria and Caroline both started most games - 39 games played CD - 32 starts, Bria - 28 starts, (Mo-2, Stef 38 of 38 played, KML 38 of 38, Kelly only player to start all 39, Breanna 14 of 36.) When Stewart began starting late in the year, CD started coming off the bench. But after the loss in the BE tournament, in the team meeting about what players had to 'give-up' for the team's success, Bria gave up her starting position to CD and CD started the 6 games of the NCAA tournament.

Reaction Score
There isn't a single UConn player who came in as a freshman and was not pushed to the limit and found a new limit (at some point, with Geno's "help"). Just because I don't think we are about to discover a senior as starting point guard doesn't mean I think Dangerfield will rise like a phoenix to smote the enemy. But, in the not to distance future, we will see some smotey stuff out of CD. :cool:

I gave up SMOTE-ing a long time ago--when I do without it I get crabby---@$#%$ it. Crystal may not be 'experienced" in Div 1 BB--she's played BB at a number of levels, usually above her age, so the kid has seen the BB floor and the opponents of every size, shape, talent--she is not without experience.
What she MAy need is--Defense--Geno's defense is different than any she has every played. Reading the opponents--maybe she can--but Geno shall teach her --
Once she learns the Geno way--she'll be --standing outside the building ---just smote-ing away.

Reaction Score
Will it be Cuban? Or Honduran? Or...
I've been given orders and a plane ticket to Havana---but only if they are wrapped with Connecticut Shade Grown Wrappers. (Cullman Bro's of Course--)
Kiss up. :oops:

I have ten times more HATES than LIKES-- I read on an ND or TN site that they were preparing a rail for me to ride out on==(I think it's a mono-rail) -----I have to do something--to up my LIKES. Smooch smooch smooch!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom