She is ranked #1 for a reason!!!! | The Boneyard

She is ranked #1 for a reason!!!!

Reaction Score
can you imagine a duet of PB and Azzi Fudd in the same back court?
Talk about showtime...... I think Geno would pay admission to see that.......... :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Seems funny suggesting someone might've gotten overshadowed by a 14-year-old but I do think all the buzz Azzi Fudd has been drumming up since 2017 might be the reason we don't hear more people saying Paige also could be a "once in a generation" caliber star.

Can't think of many players like her! I believe Jacki Gemelos before her onslaught of injuries might have had a similar game. Maybe someone in the men's game? What guard is that shifty with as tight of handle at her height and length...a point guard version of Angel McCoughtry? ¯\ _(ツ)_/¯

Reaction Score
All I can say is: if her teammates don't keep their hands up and eyes wide open at all times, they are likely to end up with a few bloody noses. Not only can PB shoot, but she appears to be a deadly accurate passer.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Can't think of many players like her! I believe Jacki Gemelos before her onslaught of injuries might have had a similar game. Maybe someone in the men's game? What guard is that shifty with as tight of handle at her height and length...a point guard version of Angel McCoughtry? ¯\ _(ツ)_/¯
If you get a chance to watch the movie
Nicole Kaczmarski -- "Running Down A Dream"

Nicole had a "pistol" Pete Maravich type game.

Reaction Score
What impressed me the most was her body control. I'm used to seeing players make every shot in videos, but she showed the abilty to avoid fouls and get her body into excellent shooting position. She will face much better defenders in college, but she looks like has the head to find teammates if she is under pressure. Her court vision is on another level.

Reaction Score
I think PB and NM will be showtime!!! :D

in some ways yes but the jury is still out on NM's inconsistent outside shot...............................a Bueckers/Fudd tandem would be simply unstoppable and very possibly historic on the offensive end...........

Reaction Score
A Paige/Azzi back court won't be a reality until Azzi verbals to UCONN and then signs on the dotted line. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm getting vibes that Azzi's dad wants her to go to a different college then Paige. Anyone have thoughts on this?

Reaction Score
A taller version of Crystal. Remember, she'll be a freshman point guard, Even Mo wasn't great her freshman year.

Reaction Score
A Paige/Azzi back court won't be a reality until Azzi verbals to UCONN and then signs on the dotted line. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm getting vibes that Azzi's dad wants her to go to a different college then Paige. Anyone have thoughts on this?
No.. if anything the complete opposite. Fudd's dad is a Uconn lean. He wants her daughter to be taught by the best and have the best chance possible to win a nc as per social media.

victor64

retired Ohio teacher
Reaction Score
If you watch closely, at one point she goes right by ONO for a layup.

Reaction Score
I see Paige like with a tad bit of Luisa Harris. LH was a scoring machine!

Reaction Score
That video somewhat distorts how she plays. You really don't see much of her tricky dribbling In her HS games, she much more of a facilitator and distributor than a shooter. Her team mates get many open looks when she draws defenders away from them. In an analogy to a band, Paige isn't the lead guitar, she's the conductor.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Hopkins won yesterday against Becker 77 - 39. There is a clip of some of the highlights, but I haven't been able to copy it for some reason. The clip is on maxpreps.com. I just typed in Hopkins Royals girls basketball and found the clip from yesterday's game.

Reaction Score
Kaczmarski like Paige had very springy athleticism/quickness.

No doubt has the potential to be a big star like Ionescu but gosh Paige would leave Sab in the dust in a sprint. I see them as very different. I'm really so amazed by Sab given her mediocre speed/quickness, how she's able to score off the bounce so well by utilizing her strength, body awareness, angles, timing. etc. She did have trouble against Baylor in the Final 4 as Cox was swatting away many of her drives with her length until she went out with the knee.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Sabrina doesn’t have blazing speed at all, but she is very crafty and clever.

If Azzi goes anywhere else, she will be THE star. At UConn, she will be part of one of the best duos in history. Azzi is not all about the spotlight, nor is Paige. Azzi and Paige have different personalities, but both are ultra competitive. Who will challenge and motivate Azzi even more than Geno? Her BFF, Paige Bueckers. I can see them challenging each other to achieve great feats.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
If you watch closely, at one point she goes right by ONO for a layup.
It wasn't ONO. It was Amari DeBerry that she blew by.
1574636675300.png

Reaction Score
In an article recently posted somewhere here there are lengthy quotes from her father and coach. She was her little league team's starting catcher and closer. She's easily the fastest player on her team. I didn't realize her speed and quickness until last season.

Reaction Score
Sorry if this was already posted. If you don't want to watch it all, at least go to the 0.25 mark. Watch Paige's drive and the Tuarasi like post shot gas she delivers to her defender. I like it!

Grrrreat post.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom