Shayla Cooper & Kianna Holland to The Ohio State | The Boneyard

Shayla Cooper & Kianna Holland to The Ohio State

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
is transferring from Georgetown to Ohio State, should be eligible next December.

They got Kianna Holland from Duke too

Last edited:

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
WOWWWWW!!!!

Great pick up for them. She was averaging 16pts and 8 rebounds a game at Georgetown.

McGuff is loading up.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
This quote still rings true, so I'll include it in this thread too

Once again, this demonstrates how great a country we live in. I find out breaking Duke news on a UCONN board. :p Sad to see any of our players transfer :(

I was thinking when they announced she was leaving that I wonder if Coach JPM would allow her to transfer to Ohio State. Interesting that she originally committed to them.... and interesting in that Joy Cheek left Duke for OSU. Not quite sure, but i figure Cheek had a role in bringing Holland to Duke...

Reaction Score
I didnt realize she was the player who threw the shoe to contest a 3pt shot :eek::eek:

http://collegespun.com/big-east/geo...er-threw-a-shoe-to-try-to-block-her-opponent#
This was very out of character for her. I saw her play about 8 games with Diamond DeShields in the Myrtle Beach tournaments . She was a very serious hard-working player. She set picks, scrapped for rebounds, played tough D. I thought she was a 4 that could help UCONN. She moved in from Florida unnoticed, and rose to prominence after she came off the bench and helped Norcross win some games.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
OK rules experts, what's the call if she had succeeded? Simply a foul? A foul with three shots at the line? Declare it good a la goal tending?
I don't know but my first guess would be a technical foul.

Reaction Score
OK rules experts, what's the call if she had succeeded? Simply a foul? A foul with three shots at the line? Declare it good a la goal tending?

From Bleacher Report by Ken Dorset

" 'Picking up a shoe and throwing it is not a rule in the rule book,' [NCAA women's basketball secretary-rules editor Debbie] Williamson said laughing. 'It's an unsporting act as there's no rule for throwing equipment. It should have been an unsportsmanlike foul.' "

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom