Sharp Objects (HBO) | The Boneyard

Sharp Objects (HBO)

Reaction Score
anyone watching this? Very depressing yet well-made mini-series. I've watched the first two episodes, and it's engrossing but not exactly uplifting stuff here.

Reaction Score
I like it. Very dark and very well done. Same guy who directed Big Little Lies.

Amy Adams' performance makes you want to give her a hug.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I've heard good things but have not tried it. Not sure I'm up for "depressing"

Reaction Score
I've heard good things but have not tried it. Not sure I'm up for "depressing"
Amy Adams is amazing in it, but yes, it's very bleak. I cheated and researched the novel that it's based on - if they follow the book, then an already depressing show is going to get even worse. However, I'll watch because I'm hooked.

Reaction Score
I remember feeling that way about another HBO show, In Treatment, which starred Gabriel Byrne. The stories and the acting were excellent, but I never saw an episode that made me feel good afterwards, other than to think that, thank god my life wasn't as screwed up as the people on the show.

Reaction Score
I think it is fantastic television.

Anyone else watch last night's episode?

Reaction Score
This and Succession are the two best things going on TV right now, in my humble opinion.
we were getting close to jettisoning HBO, but those two shows are keeping us subscribers right now.

Reaction Score
we were getting close to jettisoning HBO, but those two shows are keeping us subscribers right now.

A few years from now we're going to look back and say "I can't believe those two shows were on back to back on Sundays in 2018!"

Reaction Score
The scene in the clothing store with her mother and sister was breathtaking.

Reaction Score
Great show and incredibly disturbing. The mother is the most horrifying in a world filled with horrifying women but I'm thinking the husband Alan is the culprit. Anyone who has read the book, please don't reveal anything.

Reaction Score
Great show and incredibly disturbing. The mother is the most horrifying in a world filled with horrifying women but I'm thinking the husband Alan is the culprit. Anyone who has read the book, please don't reveal anything.

Most likely outcome:

Sister and/or mother are the brains, Alan is the muscle.

At least that's what the show wants you to believe.

Still thinking it could be a town-wide thing or just a complete curve ball.

Reaction Score
Most likely outcome:

Sister and/or mother are the brains, Alan is the muscle.

At least that's what the show wants you to believe.

Still thinking it could be a town-wide thing or just a complete curve ball.

Well, episode 7 telegraphed everything - now the question is, can Camille stop it.

Reaction Score
Do you think Camille makes it out alive?
I know the book, so know how that ends. The show has been faithful to the book, so I believe that she

will.

Reaction Score
I know the book, so know how that ends. The show has been faithful to the book, so I believe that she

will.

I have not read the book.

Not sure how faithful it's been so far(?)

I do know people who read the book and they say they think the show is better; more characters, more developed story lines etc.

What say you?

Reaction Score
I have not read the book.

Not sure how faithful it's been so far(?)

I do know people who read the book and they say they think the show is better; more characters, more developed story lines etc.

What say you?
I didn't read the book, I checked the plot summary via Wiki. After watching the show, it's on my "to read" pile now though for sure!

Reaction Score
I liked it, but I'm glad it's over. My skin has finally stopped crawling.

I figured we were seeing a red herring all along, but it's not what I expected though.

Reaction Score
I liked it, but I'm glad it's over. My skin has finally stopped crawling.

I figured we were seeing a red herring all along, but it's not what I expected though.
I was enthralled but not actually sure how much I really liked it. Definitely skin crawling and that finale, stay through the credits.

The three female leads were amazing.

Reaction Score
I was enthralled but not actually sure how much I really liked it. Definitely skin crawling and that finale, stay through the credits.

The three female leads were amazing.

I was watching the credits and saw that crazy flash montage, but I missed the very last part. Just read about it in Rolling Stone's review.

The women were amazing. Patricia Clarkson was great. Her character was maddening.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
This show had an amazing ability to leave you completely emotionally wrecked after each episode, and the finale just took it to another level completely. Standing ovation. Well done. Should earn some Emmy's for everyone involved.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom