Share a Little Love | The Boneyard

Share a Little Love

Reaction Score
As we patiently await tomorrow's game versus Ohio State, I thought it would be great to share a little love for Villanova today against Miami. I know this is the UConn's BB site, but wouldn't it be great if two Big East teams made the Final Four. I realize I'm getting ahead of myself, but I remember 1985 when Villanova, Georgetown and St. John's made the Final Four on the men's side.

Villanova shouldn't be intimidated by any team after facing UConn 3 times. Although they came up short each time, the experience in facing the top women's program of all time has to carry dividends, particularly now. Denise Dillon has done an awesome job in her first three years as head coach. Maddy has been Maddy in their first two games, and she takes on the responsibility of having to put up 30 points a game with grace. Lucy Olsen reminds me a lot of Nika in that she is spunky. The Nova role players, while not as talented as other UConn players, have made pivotal contributions, and hopefully they will continue. Christina Dalce is a diamond in the rough and if she works on her offense this offseason, she could make a leap similar to what Aaliyah did this year.

I'm looking forward to today's game as prelude for tomorrow's beatdown of OSU.

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
The only reason I would get on board with that is that Villanova has a much better chance of beating LSU than Miami does and I would prefer to see Villanova than LSU.

This assumes we get there and that LSU will beat Utah - both of which I see happening.

Having said that, though, I am not thrilled with the possibility of seeing Villanova for a fourth time.

Reaction Score
The only reason I would get on board with that is that Villanova has a much better chance of beating LSU than Miami does and I would prefer to see Villanova than LSU.

This assumes we get there and that LSU will beat Utah - both of which I see happening.

Having said that, though, I am not thrilled with the possibility of seeing Villanova for a fourth time.

But do they?? Why do yo say that? I think Miami has just as much of a chance as Villanova.

Reaction Score
Go Wildcats! Get 30 ++ points, Maddy. Disclosure: my cousin went
to Villanova!

Reaction Score
But do they?? Why do yo say that? I think Miami has just as much of a chance as Villanova.
I’m thinking better! I just don’t see Villanova being able to play defense at nearly the same level as Miami. Of course that is based only on my own observation, for all I know the stats may tell a different story. Miami just seems a lot tougher than Villanova (physically) and I think Mulkey would find a way to limit Maddy.

Reaction Score
LSU just had their biggest win of the year vs Mich. Utah beat Stanford.
LSU lost to the two toughest opponents they faced.
I know next to nothing about Utah except that I once had a great pizza across the street from their campus in SLC. But I do remember UConn having trouble with BYU and I spent a night in Provo.

Reaction Score
For Villanova to beat LSU, Dalce would have to play her best game for 40 minutes. I like her talent, but I don't think she's up to defending Reese and would probably foul out before the end of the 3rd quarter. Next year, maybe she'd have developed to the point of being able to contain someone like Reese.

Reaction Score
I’m thinking better! I just don’t see Villanova being able to play defense at nearly the same level as Miami. Of course that is based only on my own observation, for all I know the stats may tell a different story. Miami just seems a lot tougher than Villanova (physically) and I think Mulkey would find a way to limit Maddy.

I think you meant the Miami coach, not Mulkey? And a lot of pretty good coaches haven't figure out how to stop Siegrist.

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
Ninth seed.

Twelve losses including DePaul (by 15), Columbia, Syracuse. Wake Forest, etc.

Sweet 16 is a great accomplishment and the Cavinders` bank accounts will grow as a result but the music stops for them this afternoon.

Reaction Score
I realize I'm getting ahead of myself, but I remember 1985 when Villanova, Georgetown and St. John's made the Final Four on the men's side.
In 2013, there were three Big East teams in the women's final four, including the winner and finalist: Connecticut, Louisville, and Notre Dame.

Reaction Score
For Villanova to beat LSU, Dalce would have to play her best game for 40 minutes. I like her talent, but I don't think she's up to defending Reese and would probably foul out before the end of the 3rd quarter. Next year, maybe she'd have developed to the point of being able to contain someone like Reese.
I see a bright future for Dalce, if she can learn to control her fouls. Great timing on her shotblocking and rebounding.

Reaction Score
Ninth seed.

Twelve losses including DePaul (by 15), Columbia, Syracuse. Wake Forest, etc.

Sweet 16 is a great accomplishment and the Cavinders` bank accounts will grow as a result but the music stops for them this afternoon.
Hmm, but I'm pretty sure I heard the Miami "Band of the Hour" playing after the final buzzer.

Reaction Score
Go Wildcats! Get 30 ++ points, Maddy. Disclosure: my cousin went
to Villanova!
I've posted this before and was vilified, but Villanova is Maddy and a bunch of others. In spite of all the points she scored, the rest of the team is not enough to even beat a 9 seed who was a middle of the pack ACC team. Props to her for getting them almost single-handily when they were down 21 early in the 3rd Q. Disclosure: my eldest grandson is a Villanova Law L3.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
I've posted this before and was vilified, but Villanova is Maddy and a bunch of others. In spite of all the points she scored, the rest of the team is not enough to even beat a 9 seed who was a middle of the pack ACC team. Props to her for getting them almost single-handily when they were down 21 early in the 3rd Q. Disclosure: my eldest grandson is a Villanova Law L3.

I agree completely. If a team relies on one player to score almost half there teams points, it's a big problem that will catch up with you.

Any team can see tapes of how UConn defended Nova. If you have the players, you can defend and win.

I am Poughkeepsie native. I always root for the hometown kids. Today was no exception.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom