Shamon Tooles' Raps | The Boneyard

Shamon Tooles' Raps

Reaction Score
I saw none online.

Are there any out there that have been written down, or does anyone remember any of the lyrics?

What about those for Ed Nelson and Tyler Olander?

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score
He goes by Toolzie and his album was called Reloaded. I have three of the tracks, he's pretty good to be honest and decent production. "Stephanie" is a standout, it's a pretty intense story about a woman whose life gets ruined by a one night stand where she contracts HIV. I'm a longtime hip-hop fan, ran a hip-hop community for years, and he had legit talent.

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
Agree with 3for3. I had that mixtape and have no idea what happened to the hard copy. He was actually pretty good. Much different league than Ed Nelson and Olander. I think he continued his music career after UConn.

Reaction Score
Him and I were pretty friendly back in the day. When that mixtape came out, I had been pushing and pushing to do a tape with him, with him rhyming over current instrumentals. He was adamant about using his crew back in PA for production and the beats were just goddawful..

He was a great connection @ UConn, I sat in his family seats countless times, such a good deal.

My memory is hazy, but was "All My Life" on that tape? That's the best song he ever did, and actually just plainly a great hip hop record. I can't remember if it was just a loose song or on "Reloaded".

He went on to be affiliated with Black Wallstreet, which was The Game's crew. He told me that he wrote most of The Game's albums during that stretch - as to whether that was true.. I don't know. He did pop up on a few songs on a mixtape so he was clearly involved somehow. Lost touch around 2013-2014ish and haven't had any contact with him since. Wish him the best, hope he's doing well.

Reaction Score
Him and I were pretty friendly back in the day. When that mixtape came out, I had been pushing and pushing to do a tape with him, with him rhyming over current instrumentals. He was adamant about using his crew back in PA for production and the beats were just goddawful..

He was a great connection @ UConn, I sat in his family seats countless times, such a good deal.

My memory is hazy, but was "All My Life" on that tape? That's the best song he ever did, and actually just plainly a great hip hop record. I can't remember if it was just a loose song or on "Reloaded".

He went on to be affiliated with Black Wallstreet, which was The Game's crew. He told me that he wrote most of The Game's albums during that stretch - as to whether that was true.. I don't know. He did pop up on a few songs on a mixtape so he was clearly involved somehow. Lost touch around 2013-2014ish and haven't had any contact with him since. Wish him the best, hope he's doing well.
I think All My Life was on Reloaded. I was a sports writer covering the team during and after his time here. We used to talk about his aspiring rap career and what he was up to. He would come back To campus a lot and attend games. At that time he was living in NYC working on his rap career. He was definitely, at one point, (and may still be) part of The Game’s crew.

Reaction Score
I remember having some of his tracks saved back then & I too thought they were really good. If they turn up, please share.

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score
Yea, the three tracks I have are All My Life, Lets Go (Da Anthem) and Stephanie. They're all off Reloaded.

I suppose I could upload them somewhere but not sure how appropriate that'd be.

Reaction Score
I have a couple of his projects. My favorite track was Watchin' You...great party record.

Reaction Score
I forgot about "Watchin' You" that's probably his 2nd best song, great party record indeed.

Reaction Score
Does anyone know where I can find Toolzie's songs for purchase or download?

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
all those tunes kick. I have that playlist. Whatever happened to the "Darius Rice" outtake?

Curiouser
Reaction Score
What about Huskymania! Shock the World, featuring Rashamel Jones, Antric Klaiber and Ray's sister Talisha?

I have it on cassette and haven't heard it in years (cassette player is disconnected and in basement).

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
What about Huskymania! Shock the World, featuring Rashamel Jones, Antric Klaiber and Ray's sister Talisha?

I have it on cassette and haven't heard it in years (cassette player is disconnected and in basement).

What about "thats what I like about UConn"

which brings so much nostalgia to me but is actually the most cringeworthy song ever recorded. *

* I realized this after playing it for last 32 years to daughters, wives, fiancées, and younger UConn friends. Id play it as a pump up going to games. And then have them looking at me like I was a sewer rat.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
What about "thats what I like about UConn"

which brings so much nostalgia to me but is actually the most cringeworthy song ever recorded. *

* I realized this after playing it for last 32 years to daughters, wives, fiancées, and younger UConn friends. Id play it as a pump up going to games. And then have them looking at me like I was a sewer rat.
Oh man I love it. Just fired it up again last week getting pumped for the tournament. The video accompaniment is key though.

Reaction Score

I think he goes by Toolez currently based on this thread

Reaction Score
I think he goes by Toolez currently based on this thread

Yeah, that's his account on Instagram too:

63D74EB1-925E-4ABD-B403-17413E2CF6A9.jpeg

Reaction Score
damn, this is sick. there's a bunch of stuff on youtube, too. how about this live video? rocking the rip hamilton jersey.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom