Shabazz | The Boneyard

Shabazz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Wholeheartedly agree with whatever genius said he shouldn't be starting. Obviously.

Reaction Score
Bad shot there. Boatright looks great too though. People don't understand how much of a difference Boatright will make on the team.

Even if he doesn't put up amazing stats.

Reaction Score
Who doesn't understand that?

But you're talking about a kid who might legitimately be the best point guard in America.

Reaction Score
Look at the comments on the yahoo box score.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/boxscore?gid=201111260129

I'm not talking about Uconn fans but every pro uconn comment there gets disliked and then there's some ridiculous comments "UCONN WON'T MAKE THE TOURNAMENT"

I remember when UNC lost to Santa Clara in November of 2004. People don't understand how early it is and rosters aren't even fully set yet.

Reaction Score
That UNC team that lost to Santa Clara didn't have Ty Lawson in the game. but obviously still shouldn't have lost with there talent.

Reaction Score
Best PG in america? Cmon Way too many turnovers again too many bad shots I love Shabazz but he still has plenty of room for improvement

Reaction Score
Theres always room for improvement , Marshall had 14 assists to 1 turnover last night but UNC is a little more polished offensively. I think Napier has what it takes to be the best though.

Reaction Score
Shabazz is great but he needs to understand he doesn't have to do everything out there, especially with Boatright now eligible. We all know how great Bazz and Lamb are but they haven't been making the best decisions all the time the past 2 games. We are young and that will change.

Reaction Score
best pg in america is a bit much. he is very explosive, but he commits way too many turnovers, takes way too many poor shots, and in big moments today made bad decisions. would like to see him penetrate/drive and dish a bit more rather than making it a one on one fest with a contested 3.

Reaction Score
Bazz is really still a frosh/sophmore in age and experience. The sky is the limit and yes he could become one of the best pgs in America, providing he listens to Ollie, learns from his mistakes and plays within himself.

Reaction Score
Who doesn't understand that?

But you're talking about a kid who might legitimately be the best point guard in America.
Listen I love Shabazz but hes not a great point guard. Hes a great guard but he jacks up way too many threes. He too often goes for the highlight pass too. He doesnt run our offense and his d has been nonexistent this year. Hes a great player but hes not a great point guard. I dont think hes dumped it down low once all year with an entry pass.

Reaction Score
Good point his entry passing to the Post has been non-existent.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Listen I love Shabazz but hes not a great point guard. Hes a great guard but he jacks up way too many threes. He too often goes for the highlight pass too. He doesnt run our offense and his d has been nonexistent this year. Hes a great player but hes not a great point guard. I dont think hes dumped it down low once all year with an entry pass.

I agree he needs to do a better job getting the ball inside, but I disagree that he hasn't been running the offense well. Yesterday he just had a bad game, and today he played probably the best defensive team in the country and still had 5 assists. I think we'll see some terrific things from Bazz running the point this year.

Reaction Score
Wholeheartedly agree with whatever genius said he shouldn't be starting. Obviously.
Shabazz was the good (shooting), bad (still WAY too careless with the ball and is a below average defender) and the ugly (45 seconds left, up 2, get a rebound and try to launch it downcourt??). he really needs to improve his decision making....today, some ill-advised shots went in...that won't always be the case.

Reaction Score
Overall, I thought Shabazz was good today. The problem was that he started to hunt for his shot too much down the stretch and the offense stalled as a result.

Reaction Score
That throw downcourt would have been a breakaway lay-up because Lamb leaked out. An FSU defender got an arm in there and either made a great defensive play or hit his arm and got away with a foul. I can't get on him too much there because he saw an easy two points developing, and at this point in the year, I'd rather take the easy two than trust our "milk-the-clock" offense.

Reaction Score
Were you referring to Bazz or Boatright as best pg in America? Bazz is more of a 2 guard in a Point guard's body, too much of a shooters mentality. I see Bazz playing off the ball a lot more now with Ryan in the mix.

Reaction Score
I see KEA in him, everytime he makes FTs, not sure why but I do. :)

Reaction Score

Really? Then who should start, Boatright? The kid has played 1 real college game. Fans have to relax on Shabazz. Its early and he has the most college experience at PG.BTW, he had 23 pts. today. He'll make mistakes early but he is our PG and leader. He isn't Kemba but he is the best option we have.Plus Shabazz starting at PG gives the fairweather fans something to bitch about if we lose.

Reaction Score
Were you referring to Bazz or Boatright as best pg in America? Bazz is more of a 2 guard in a Point guard's body, too much of a shooters mentality. I see Bazz playing off the ball a lot more now with Ryan in the mix.
Actually Boatright is more of a 2 guard at this point and Sahabazz played PG on a national championship team.The choice is an easy one and it isn't Boatright...at least not now.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Really? Then who should start, Boatright? The kid has played 1 real college game. Fans have to relax on Shabazz. Its early and he has the most college experience at PG.BTW, he had 23 pts. today. He'll make mistakes early but he is our PG and leader. He isn't Kemba but he is the best option we have.Plus Shabazz starting at PG gives the fairweather fans something to bitch about if we lose.
Early in the season but SN is playing better than KW played pg his soph season.

Reaction Score
My biggest beef with Shabazz was on one of the ugly threes he jacked up while being double teamed after a pick and roll was how wide open Drummond was and he missed him. Most of the time they got in between Shabazz and Drummond but that one was just a big miss on his part.

Also, when the offense is first being set up and Drummond is looking right at Napier, Bazz should throw him an oop every now and then. Especially when Florida State was finding their defensive assignments and the man guarding AD was not watching the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom