Shabazz | The Boneyard

Shabazz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He really needs to stop with that head pump move when he's trying to draw a foul. It seems to work about 5% of the time and it almost cost us the game when he went to the floor and got the timeout with under a minute to play. He definitely picked this move up from Kemba, the difference being that Kemba would actually draw contact with the body so he would actually get that call. Regardless, it's really developing into a bad habit that other teams could pick up on and use against him.

0 points tonight on 0-6 shooting, and 7 assists. I'm glad to get the W, but this is not gonna cut it from our starting PG. Simply put, I think the offense runs a lot smoother with Boatright as the general in both the half-court and transition game.

Reaction Score
Shabazz has certainly struggled the past few games, but people need to remember that he's playing injured. He hurt his foot a few games ago and has been on and off practicing since.

Hopefully it's the injury that's been holding him back lately and not the increased level of competition, but think back to how productive he was at times earlier this year. At times it looked like he could do anything he wanted on the court. Even though he didn't score tonight, he still had 8 assists and showed good leadership at times, getting people into place on defense.

Shabazz may have his shortcomings, but for this team to be successful, we need Shabazz to be good. I think he has it in him. He's still just a sophomore. I think we're going to be a very good team once March comes around.

Reaction Score
Boatright took a 16 footer that went 13 feet and then just stood there like an ass while WV went the other way for a lay-up. Worst play of the night.

Reaction Score
He seems lost. That out of bounds pass?? My god. He seems unfocused and he's playing extremely immature. That position needs to be a rock out there - he plays too cute. This teams ability to take the next step is going to be set by whether he can get it together or if not, the PG spot is passed down to Boatright successfully. His current play just isn't acceptable at that position.

Reaction Score
He really needs to stop with that head pump move when he's trying to draw a foul. It seems to work about 5% of the time and it almost cost us the game when he went to the floor and got the timeout with under a minute to play. He definitely picked this move up from Kemba, the difference being that Kemba would actually draw contact with the body so he would actually get that call. Regardless, it's really developing into a bad habit that other teams could pick up on and use against him.

0 points tonight on 0-6 shooting, and 7 assists. I'm glad to get the W, but this is not gonna cut it from our starting PG. Simply put, I think the offense runs a lot smoother with Boatright as the general in both the half-court and transition game.

Uh, he was knocked to the floor. You honestly missed that?

Reaction Score
Boatright took a 16 footer that went 13 feet and then just stood there like an ass while WV went the other way for a lay-up. Worst play of the night.

He was hammered, but you're right.

Reaction Score

I thought Boatright had a poor game. Neither of them had a good game.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
I guess none of you on Bazz give any credence to the report that he had to be helped off the court in practice by a trainer. To me, he clearly does not look to be near 100%.

Reaction Score
I thought Boatright had a poor game. Neither of them had a good game.

same here, but I guess a Shabazz sucks thread/he should be benched thread had to be made to keep up with normal postgame ritual. Shabazz has not played well but have people been paying attention to the b/w game articles? He's either hasn't been practicing or being helped off the floor by the trainers in the practices he participates in, the kid is obviously banged up and hurting right now.

Reaction Score
He was hammered, but you're right.

Live, I thought he shed his defender and just alligator-armed it. But if he was hit, I'll give him a little more of a pass for momentary immaturity - thought he was just sort of sulking over missing the shot.

Reaction Score
I think the offense runs a lot smoother with Boatright as the general in both the half-court and transition game.

Our offense runs a lot smoother when we realize that we have 2 studs - Lamb and Drummond - and that we need to get them the ball and work off of that. We did that the last 10 minutes more than we have all year. Bazz and Boat were on the court together for most of it so they both get some credit. I also thought they both played good hard defense down the stretch.

Reaction Score
Uh, he was knocked to the floor. You honestly missed that?
I don't think he was, though. Watch it again. Even when trotting over to the bench after the timeout, Lamb and Oriakhi (I think it was him) seemed to really get on Shabazz. I'm guessing it's because he went for that head fake and lost control as a result of trying to draw the foul.

Reaction Score
I don't think he was, though. Watch it again. Even when trotting over to the bench after the timeout, Lamb and Oriakhi (I think it was him) seemed to really get on Shabazz. I'm guessing it's because he went for that head fake and lost control as a result of trying to draw the foul.

He was knocked hard.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score

the other man's defender ran right into Bazz, stopped his forward momentum and down he went. At least that's how it looked to me.

Reaction Score
same here, but I guess a Shabazz sucks thread/he should be benched thread had to be made to keep up with normal postgame ritual. Shabazz has not played well but have people been paying attention to the b/w game articles? He's either hasn't been practicing or being helped off the floor by the trainers in the practices he participates in, the kid is obviously banged up and hurting right now.
I didn't make this thread to say he "sucks", I just hate that one move that he constantly does because it doesn't work and usually results in a turnover. I appreciate the fact that he's playing hurt at the moment, but he's still not helping the team when he's in the game.

Reaction Score

They got on him because he was arguing with the ref, watch the play again, it was obvious to everyone in the building, the announcers even spoke about it.

Reaction Score
Even when trotting over to the bench after the timeout, Lamb and Oriakhi (I think it was him) seemed to really get on Shabazz. I'm guessing it's because he went for that head fake and lost control as a result of trying to draw the foul.

Shabazz was (justifiably) angry about not getting the call. When the ref came over to take the ball, Bazz pulled it away. I'm pretty sure Lamb was trying to calm him down and keep him from getting t'd up.

H

huskymagic

Exactly. What have I been saying that Boatright is the better option for this team. He runs the floor better and is a better passer to our bigs and a slasher. Napier doesnt have speed or athleticism to get by anyone and that pump fake never works. We need to run up tempo offense with Boatright as a starter for sure. Let's be honest though our big guys were great today. Drummond was special and single handedly willed us back in this game. Lamb also was great and more assertive in the last 10 minutes of the game which was great to see. Oriakhi needs to be given props for his game and effort tonight, He was really good and effective out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom