Shabazz waiting for the Big East schedule to decide to play the whole game? | The Boneyard

Shabazz waiting for the Big East schedule to decide to play the whole game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This kid is a game changer any time he wants to be. I don't get it. Is there a part of his psyche that wants to be the hero rushing to the rescue in the second half? I am at a loss............Between his level of play and Olander's ongoing ineptness we are making games competitive that really shouldn't be. Thank God for Daniels tonight.

GO HUSKIES!!! BEAT THE CRIMSON!!!

Reaction Score
When he takes questionable shots, he gets ripped. When he doesn't take enough shots, he gets ripped.

It's official: Shabazz is the new Taliek.

Against the "lesser" opponents, he's tried to get his teammates involved - probably because he knows he'll need their help later in the year. But I'm not gonna rip a guy who has 4 assists, 0 turnovers and only 2 missed shots at halftime.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
They were feeding the ball into the bigs. That was the game plan.

Reaction Score
When he takes questionable shots, he gets ripped. When he doesn't take enough shots, he gets ripped.

Against the "lesser" opponents, he's tried to get his teammates involved - probably because he knows he'll need their help later in the year. But I'm not gonna rip a guy who has 4 assists, 0 turnovers and only 2 missed shots at halftime.

I am not ripping him at all. Part of his responsibility is to identify offensive needs and adjust/balance his game to get points when other players are having a tough time. Our offense in the post is inconsistent at best. Omar is a freshman and having a freshman game. If he knows we need his offense against Michigan State,NC State etc., he has to know we need it game in and game out. When other players are producing, he can back off if that is what's called for. But, he could easily have had a double figure first half tonight. Your reference to Shabazz being the new Taliek is nonsense. I loved Taliek and was a charter member of his bandwagon. But he did not have the offensive skills that Shabazz has. Not even close. I AM recognizing an offensive talent that needs to be on display for 40 minutes. It's as simple as that.

Reaction Score
These announcers and studio hosts are on a Napier bashing binge.

In discussing Ollie's response to why they lost the 15-2 lead, the announcers blame it on leadership. Napier took plays off. That's what they said.

Napier wasn't even out there for most of the 12-0 Harvard run.

I blame Napier for not leading from the bench.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
He had four assists.

Reaction Score

This

Reaction Score
I don't know what people want Shabazz to do out there. All these accusations of not playing hard. But he seemed to be playing hard to me.

The lax play in this game was diagnosed perfectly by Ollie. One, bad hot dog turnovers by Evans, Calhoun, Olander. Then Giffey, Evans and Calhoun didn't close out well on some 3 point shooters. During that 12-0 run for Harvard, UConn was still shooting 70&, so it wasn't like they were missing shots. They just weren't taking them.

Shabazz wasn't a part of the bad play at all.

Reaction Score
I must be watching a different Bazz because the one I see is in control, gets his teammates involved and doesn't complain to the officials anymore. He has been great. I really like how Ollie has gotten them to stop complaining to officials that they were fouled every time a shot was missed or the ball was stolen.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Napier was killing us on the bench during the 12-0 run. Awkward towel movement, poor posture, sloppy gatorade drinking... it's a miracle we pulled this one off.

This kid is a game changer any time he wants to be. I don't get it. Is there a part of his psyche that wants to be the hero rushing to the rescue in the second half? I am at a loss............Between his level of play and Olander's ongoing ineptness we are making games competitive that really shouldn't be. Thank God for Daniels tonight.

Ahhh that would be 9 assists, 4 steals and a single TO. Go sit in a corner and think about it.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Napier was killing us on the bench during the 12-0 run. Awkward towel movement, poor posture, sloppy gatorade drinking... it's a miracle we pulled this one off.
Did you see Boatright during the postgame interview, not even an smile. I would throw his arse off this team in a heartbeat. Smile dammit when you win!

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
KO mentioned finals 3 times in the post game interview. Gotta love it.

Reaction Score
I even posted just before the half that I liked how he was managing the game when he was in there, even though he had only taken one shot. He could have taken plenty of shots with defenders rushing out at him late, but he instead faked that shot and allowed the team to play against a defense that was out of kilter. Sometimes that resulted in DD buckets, sometimes in team turnovers, but he was playing as a guy looking to facilitate and get everyone some touches. Maybe another night, he'll need to shoot 20 times, but if we come out of this with a more confident Daniels moving forward, it was a win tonight in two ways.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk

geordi

Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel
Reaction Score
My God! There are folks on this board that will not be happy unless all starters average 20 ppg, 10 rpg, and 5 apg and all bench players average 10, 5, and 3.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Sarcasm my friend. I was merely pointing out the absurdity.
Actually I wasn't being sarcastic towards your post but was responding to the opening post - I thought - such is the stuff of someone who doesn't post much.

Reaction Score
Ahhh that would be 9 assists, 4 steals and a single TO. Go sit in a corner and think about it.

Is that really the best you can do? Pathetic! My initial post was a recognition of a "fact" that has been part of most games this season. This team needs Shabazz' offense for 40 minutes. I was and am acknowledging not only his talent but how it impacts this particular UConn team. And, of course, the morons come out of the woodwork twisting words and intent. You miss the point and offer nothing more than the usual drivel instead of an intelligent discussion. He had a balanced score sheet; BUT, THIS team needs his points. We have no reason to believe, right now, that DeAndre will do what he did tonight consistently. Try to step up to discussion level; and God forbid, don't hurt yourself.

GO HUSKIES!!! BEAT THE HAWKS!!!

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Is that really the best you can do? Pathetic! My initial post was a recognition of a "fact" that has been part of most games this season. This team needs Shabazz' offense for 40 minutes. I was and am acknowledging not only his talent but how it impacts this particular UConn team. And, of course, the morons come out of the woodwork twisting words and intent. You miss the point and offer nothing more than the usual drivel instead of an intelligent discussion. He had a balanced score sheet; BUT, THIS team needs his points. We have no reason to believe, right now, that DeAndre will do what he did tonight consistently. Try to step up to discussion level; and God forbid, don't hurt yourself.

GO HUSKIES!!! BEAT THE HAWKS!!!

Sure, DeAndre won't score 23 every night, but he was on fire tonight, and Shabazz stuck with it, and didn't force up shots when he was defended very well. He made one bad decision all night, and that came with a minute left in a game we already had in the bag. This may have been his best game as a Husky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom