Shabazz Update | The Boneyard

Shabazz Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Am I on the right board? :)

http://www.nhregister.com/articles/2011/09/21/sports/doc4e795f6a3595d308790282.txt?viewmode=default

“If I just came in this year as a freshman, I don’t think I’d be that guy, because I wouldn’t have seen what Kemba did unless I watched it on TV,” Napier said. “Kemba taught me throughout the season, on and off the court … how his character was. He taught me to be a leader on and off the court, he put me in the right position.”

Throughout last season, Alex Oriakhi, the power forward from Lowell, Mass., who’s known Napier for years, constantly reminded him: “You don’t understand the position you’re in right now. You’re behind the best guard in the country. You’re learning from the best guard in the country.”

Said Napier on Tuesday: “I didn’t realize it until the other day, we were just talking, and (Oriakhi) said, ‘You know you learned from one of the best guards in the country.’ It just dawned on me, like, ‘Wow.’ If anything, I’ve got to go out there and show what Kemba showed me. If I don’t, that just shows I’m not a great listener at all.”

Reaction Score
But I was just on the realignment board and they transferred me over here. This is worse than calling a customer service 800-number!

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
And you were able to understand them?

Reaction Score
I was only able to make out every few letters. "Blah blah blah ACC, blah blah UCF, blah blah, B1G, blah blah UMass" I think it might be some sort of code.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
LOL @ this thread.

Napier has said the right things since he committed last year. Let's hope that he truly did listen and learn from the best point guard in the country last year ... we need him to jump into the leadership role quickly.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
LOL @ this thread.

Napier has said the right things since he committed last year. Let's hope that he truly did listen and learn from the best point guard in the country last year ... we need him to jump into the leadership role quickly.
How did you get to this board? No sane posters allowed here.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
All well and good, but if Napier is half the leader he thinks he is, kid needs to let us in on what conference we're playing in. Stat.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
All well and good, but if Napier is half the leader he thinks he is, kid needs to let us in on what conference we're playing in. Stat.
More than that. He needs to take the reigns away from Herbst and the AD and lead us to greener pastures in conference alignment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom