Shabazz Trade Rumors | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Shabazz Trade Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I never got the feeling Miami really wanted Shabazz in the first place. I think they just traded for him on draft night last year as a way to try and keep Lebron from leaving. Lebron had a lot of good things to say about Shabazz during the tournament. They sent him down to the D-league and I dont think that helps. Shabazz needs minutes to gain experience and show what he can do. Hopefully he goes to the best situation for him.

Reaction Score
If we want Bazz to get minutes on a contender then the answer is Dallas. They're really slim at the 1 with the departure of Rondo.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
I would LOVE Shabazz in San Antonio. Absolutely love it. A core of Bazz, Leonard, and Aldridge would almost tempt me to be a Spurs fan.

Jaybo

I hate you
Reaction Score
Get him to Charlotte. Remember what happened the last time Shabazz, Kemba, and Lamb played on the same team?

This just made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Reaction Score
I never got the feeling Miami really wanted Shabazz in the first place. I think they just traded for him on draft night last year as a way to try and keep Lebron from leaving. Lebron had a lot of good things to say about Shabazz during the tournament. They sent him down to the D-league and I dont think that helps. Shabazz needs minutes to gain experience and show what he can do. Hopefully he goes to the best situation for him.
I felt exactly the same way. I think we were all so enthused for Bazz going in the first round...and then Lebron left. It was a bit of an O' , how does the Miami management feel about this now, moment.
Did this ever get brought up on here? I can't imagine just two of us felt that way.

Reaction Score
I know we love Bazz, but do you think he starts over Beverly?
Yes, I have never been impressed with the Punk Beverly. He is all defense and very little offense. He can at least be a back up there as they had Jason Terry running the point in the playoffs. Jason Terry is not a point guard at this stage of his career. Not that he ever really was one. I still think Dallas and Houston would be his best fits.

Reaction Score
Bazz is not a better player right now than Beverly, I would love to know the number of Heat games you guys watched last year that have ya'll ready to annoint him as a starter on so many teams. Bazz had a very good stretch when he was closing out games and putting up dbl figures but he still has a long way to go in pretty much every area of his game right now. I think the fact that the Heat was in the market for JJ Barrera before he re-signed with the Mavs lets you know they're not very high on him.

Reaction Score
Mo Williams is more of a 2 guard than a true PG. I can see him playing a lot of 2 guard at Cleveland and with Irving always getting hurt I can see him getting minutes there. I do believe Dallas and Houston would be his best teams to join.
I agree, Dallas needs help at PG more than any contending team. Go were you can win, play some, and grow your game.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Bazz isn't even as good as Patty Mills right now
I just think he'd be a great fit for the spurs offense where there's a lot of ball movement and open shots. With Bazz's craftiness, playmaking ability that he flashed in Miami, and his perimeter shot he would flourish in a backup role there. They used to run two guards for their bench lineup with Patty Mills and Corey Joseph. Corey Joseph isn't there any more so that leaves a spot for Bazz if he ended up there. I'm sure Pop would coach him up way better than Erik Spoelstra.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Yes, I have never been impressed with the Punk Beverly. He is all defense and very little offense. He can at least be a back up there as they had Jason Terry running the point in the playoffs. Jason Terry is not a point guard at this stage of his career. Not that he ever really was one. I still think Dallas and Houston would be his best fits.

"The punk Beverly"? Right off the bat, discredits your entire evaluation...

Reaction Score
I just think he'd be a great fit for the spurs offense where there's a lot of ball movement and open shots. With Bazz's craftiness, playmaking ability that he flashed in Miami, and his perimeter shot he would flourish in a backup role there. They used to run two guards for their bench lineup with Patty Mills and Corey Joseph. Corey Joseph isn't there any more so that leaves a spot for Bazz if he ended up there. I'm sure Pop would coach him up way better than Erik Spoelstra.

Joseph was 6'3" with a solid build and was a good defender, you could get away with him defending SGs at times, not gonna really work putting two 6'0" pgs together with the type of defensive deficiencies Bazz has right now. I have no idea where Bazz's game is headed right now because he fell off pretty badly after a nice surge(maybe the hernia had something to do with it), but he's gotta show alot of improvement to slot ahead of some of the PGs you guys are naming in this thread. Right now I hope he becomes a Patty Mills type, and then build from there.

Reaction Score
Was just reading the Heat may be trying to get Jamal Crawford off LAC. Since I'm sure it would make him very happy to be CP3's understudy, I will keep my fingers crossed that Bazz goes to LA in this trade that might happen

Reaction Score
Lakers would be a good fit. Though as a Celts fan, I would be horribly conflicted I think he could do very well there.

Silk31

Foot Stays on Gas
Reaction Score
Get him off the Heat and onto a team that doesn't have issues realizing that Bazz >>>>>>> Tyler Johnson

Bazz would do well in a guaranteed backup PG situation. The Heat were scared to play him over Chalmers and Cole and he never got into a groove in his rookie year

#FreeBazz

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
The bigger point is he's a better player than Shabazz and nothing but your own homerism would make you think otherwise.
Well even if he is better Houston needs a reliable back-up. He can definitely back-up there and improve into a starter. He is only a second year player right now.

Joobie

Bookie
Reaction Score
Bazz would LOVE to go to Boston. Because I love, Bazz, I would love to see him go there. Selfishly, I am keeping my fingers crossed for Charlotte.

Reaction Score
Bazz would LOVE to go to Boston. Because I love, Bazz, I would love to see him go there. Selfishly, I am keeping my fingers crossed for Charlotte.
Because I love Bazz I 100% do not want him in Boston, which is tough to say because I'm a fan. The C's have Avery Bradley, Smart and Thomas locked up for multiple years and they used a first round pick on a PG with Terry Rozier.

Some teams that I think Bazz would do well with are BKN, Dallas, Denver, Detroit, Indiana, Washington and Milwaukee. I specifically would love to see the Bucks trade for Bazz. They have a very young up and coming team and he could beat out guys like MCW and Vasquez.

Reaction Score
watched a few games after the kemba championship season. bazz had really good chemistry with drummond. would love to see him go to Detroit

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
Anywhere but Miami, the kid has no future in South Beach, with Coach Spo on the sidelines

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom