Shabazz Trade Rumors | The Boneyard

Shabazz Trade Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
From Zach Lowe: http://grantland.com/the-triangle/nba-free-agency-winners-and-losers/

There might not be a more fascinating long-term situation in the league. In the meantime, bringing Wade back on a one-year, $20 million deal puts the Heat about $13 million over the projected tax line, and Miami wants no part of the harsh repeater penalties that would come with paying the tax for a fourth time in five seasons. Mario Chalmers and Chris Andersen are available for nothing, per several league sources, and the Heat have even put out Shabazz Napier feelers with an eye on carving out extra cap room next summer.

Reaction Score
I've thought for a while that Shabazz is out in Miami. Steve Kerr loves him but he already has a guy named Curry, Lebron loves him but he already has a guy named Kyrie. Spurs would be nice with Cory Joseph gone all they have at point is Tony Parker who seems to be breaking down and Patty Mills.

Reaction Score
I bet he'd love to suit up for the Celtics some time.... they don't have many guards right?

Hoping for any situation where Bazz gets a chance to play and shine

Reaction Score
I've thought for a while that Shabazz is out in Miami. Steve Kerr loves him but he already has a guy named Curry, Lebron loves him but he already has a guy named Kyrie. Spurs would be nice with Cory Joseph gone all they have at point is Tony Parker who seems to be breaking down and Patty Mills.
Shabazz as a backup in Golden State would be awesome.

If he can get up to speed in the NBA, his passing-shooting combo is perfect for that offense. Big if, though.

rbny1

Gotham Husky Fanatic
Reaction Score
Knicks. He'll definitely play and get a ton of assists from just passing to melo

Unfortunately, I doubt he would get many assists playing with Melo. Melo just holds the ball, holds the ball and then shoots. Melo scores a lot but totally disrupts team play. Regardless, I would love to have Shabazz join the Knicks. I might actually start going to games again.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Would love to see Shabazz go to the Spurs where he'd play plenty of minutes under a great coach. He could also be groomed to take over after Tony to play with Kawahi and Lemarcus for years to come.

Reaction Score
Anywhere but Miami right now. He can be a really nice player in the league in the right spot.

Reaction Score
Dallas and Houston he might start but going to Cleveland(even with Mo Williams there), San Antonio and Golden State wouldn't be bad landing points as a back-up PG.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Dallas and Houston he might start but going to Cleveland(even with Mo Williams there), San Antonio and Golden State wouldn't be bad landing points as a back-up PG.

I know we love Bazz, but do you think he starts over Beverly?

Reaction Score

He would likely be the 3rd string pg on Cleveland so don't see how that's a good situation.
to the Kings, I could see him taking minutes from Rondo easily.

Don't they still have Collison as well?

Reaction Score
He would likely be the 3rd string pg on Cleveland so don't see how that's a good situation.

Don't they still have Collison as well?

LOL, forgot about him, minor detail

Reaction Score
napier actually looked better than collison when they went head to head, however i would never wish that sort of ill upon him... getting traded to that dumpster fire of a franchise. change of scenery wouldn't be bad, spo isn't much of a fan

Reaction Score
napier actually looked better than collison when they went head to head, however i would never wish that sort of ill upon him... getting traded to that dumpster fire of a franchise. change of scenery wouldn't be bad, spo isn't much of a fan

the new ownership and Vade have said that they will bring stability to the franchise and the new arena is going to be sweet. In a few years they will compete in the West again.

Reaction Score
Mo Williams is more of a 2 guard than a true PG. I can see him playing a lot of 2 guard at Cleveland and with Irving always getting hurt I can see him getting minutes there. I do believe Dallas and Houston would be his best teams to join.

Reaction Score
Mo Williams is more of a 2 guard than a true PG. I can see him playing a lot of 2 guard at Cleveland and with Irving always getting hurt I can see him getting minutes there. I do believe Dallas and Houston would be his best teams to join.

Cleveland has already brought back Shumpert and its likely they bring back Smith as well, Mo was brought in as an upgrade over Delly. You guys are naming alot of teams that Bazz would be the 3rd PG on.

Reaction Score
I know everyone would love to see him in Charlotte with Kemba and Jeremy because that would obviously be awesome for UConn reasons... But I'm pretty sure the only backup PG the Hornets have is Brian Roberts, and I think Shabazz can easily pass him. His ball handling, passing, and shooting would be a huge help here. I thought they should have kept him instead of PJ Hairston in the '14 draft anyways.

Reaction Score
I know everyone would love to see him in Charlotte with Kemba and Jeremy because that would obviously be awesome for UConn reasons... But I'm pretty sure the only backup PG the Hornets have is Brian Roberts, and I think Shabazz can easily pass him. His ball handling, passing, and shooting would be a huge help here. I thought they should have kept him instead of PJ Hairston in the '14 draft anyways.

If Charlotte ends up with a backcourt featuring Kemba/Shabazz/Jeremy Lamb they better be considering a move to Hartford

Reaction Score
a reeediculous fit in San Antonio...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky