Shabazz says what we are all thinking | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Shabazz says what we are all thinking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm with freescooter on this one. Napier is a student-athlete and should not be using the media as his personal sounding board to get a contract done.

If Calhoun were negotiating an extension, do you think he'd stand for this same scenario? No way.

Reaction Score
If Jim Calhoun wanted to name a pine from his backyard as the new head coach, most of you guys would be fawning over the tree and telling us it really knows how to drop its needles...

You shouldn't knock it. That pine tree has it's share of rings...

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Freescooter's here, WTF? Did we lose our last game or something?

hes still mad that so many big east teams got invites to the dance 2 years ago. remeber that long argument. 10 were locks and we were talking 11 maybe 12. he was not going over like 8. it was a fun time for crow pies.

Reaction Score
I'm really starting to think Calhoun has turned his players to The Boneyard to see what we all think, HAPPY THOUGHTS! HAPPY THOUGHTS! :)

Reaction Score
No, I would say, "Shabazz, shut up and play basketball. Who coaches the Huskies and how that coach is chosen is not your business." If you Kevin Ollie is not extended and Napier isn't happy, he can leave for the NBA, the D-league, Europe, China or transfer to another school. But while he is here he should play basketball. Leave the coaching decisions to those involved. And for what its worth, I would assume that any player would support his coach. Hell, the tight end even supported George DeLeone. But htere is a way to do that and a it was not how Shabazz did it.

A. If you told Shabazz to shut up, he'd likely put you in place:)

B. This is a 20 year old kid, not a 55 year old decrypt sportswriter know it all positing on a message board. He's young and he also has free speech--and he did not say anything inappropriate.

C. This whole process has become absurd. My hope is a Ray Allen or some other big time Alum(maybe even Jim Calhoun) comes in and says enough is enough--closure.

Reaction Score
What is Calhoun or Ray Allen going to do? Please. As far as free speech, that certainly isn't the issue. the issue is he doesn't have a clue as to what is going on and it isn't his business. When you're part of an organization, sometimes you need to just stay out of things when what you say can be damaging to the organization.

Reaction Score
frankly it is inappropriate for Duffy to be asking him about it and its inappropriate for napier to be commenting on something he doesn't have any clue about. And Ollie ought to let him know that in no uncertain terms. Part of running a team is making sure guys don't spout off when they shouldn't.

Please. They are human. I've been reading this board for along time and IMO you have made a plethora of inappropriate posts.

Reaction Score
the issue is he doesn't have a clue as to what is going on and it isn't his business.

Using that logic, the same "rule" should apply to you, on this topic as well as 99% of your other posts.
I'm giving you some slack on the other 1% because I'm kind.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom