Shabazz on the season | The Boneyard

Shabazz on the season

Reaction Score
I don't fault Shabazz for saying this, but what he fails to acknowledge is that part of the job, maybe most of the job as a college basketball head coach, is identifying players like him and bringing them in.

KO has failed to recruit tough, high-IQ players like Shabazz.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Not exactly the finest demonstration of a UConn education... and the suggestion that, at this point, they are still learning to play with one another is extraordinarily disconcerting.
What do you want him to say? "Those fella's are bowl full of suck?" He's trying to use a platitude to gently say that they aren't playing together.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Today asked shabazz take on the season
His reply:

“There going to be fine, there still learning to play with each other, they have to want to be great, to many of them are trying to get to the nba to fast”
Is that a direct quote???

Reaction Score
His reply:

“There going to be fine, there still learning to play with each other, they have to want to be great, to many of them are trying to get to the nba to fast”

That many grammatical errors in only four lines tells me Whtdmd hacked into Shabazz's account.

Reaction Score
His reply:

Did he put that in writing or are you quoting him? Either way....yikes.

Reaction Score
I don't fault Shabazz for saying this, but what he fails to acknowledge is that part of the job, maybe most of the job as a college basketball head coach, is identifying players like him and bringing them in.

Businessman_Holding_Gun_To_Head_MON098143.jpg

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
They're learning to play together.
Their coach is at fault too.
There are two games left.

UConn c/o 09

Reaction Score
I doubt multi-millionaires (with college degree) care what others think about their grammar, punctuation and spelling. Many know what they want to say and say it, the rest of us auto-correct, spell check and re-read what we type/say.

Reaction Score
Is their really any reason to worry about all this? I mean there going to do what there going to do anyways! Their has to be a reason for these Shabazz comments. Right?

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Thank you Bazz for all you did and keeping it positive
It's a good thing you don't read this board
Sure there are many who disagree, but, what the hell do you folks expect the guy to say? He's not a bonehead one and done from UK who could give a crap about the Squid or UK - it was the needed stepping stone to the NBA
Bazz was a 4 yr guy who loved his school and his coach

The person who said his statement is a poor reflection on a UConn education - what a brainless thing to say - if you are a UConn grad, that would be a shame

Reaction Score
Thank you Bazz for all you did and keeping it positive
It's a good thing you don't read this board
Sure there are many who disagree, but, what the hell do you folks expect the guy to say? He's not a bonehead one and done from UK who could give a crap about the Squid or UK - it was the needed stepping stone to the NBA
Bazz was a 4 yr guy who loved his school and his coach

The person who said his statement is a poor reflection on a UConn education - what a brainless thing to say - if you are a UConn grad, that would be a shame
If it was me you’re referencing. I was mentioning my own poor UConn education with that troubling grammar.

Reaction Score
I mean this seems like something Shabazz might have said, and why lie about it? But you gotta give him a little credit for having better grammar than the OP. Read his Twitter, he at least knows that to and too are different words.

Reaction Score
Yeah, we shouldn't expect someone with a UConn degree to use proper grammar. What planet are you from?
I found it sad that a Uconn player, forget who, admitted that he had not read a book during his entire career at Uconn. Honestly some of the ESL courses my wife (or my foreign exs) took in HS/UNI were more intensive and challenging than some of the English classes at some of these UNIs in the states..But I digress.

Reaction Score
I mean this seems like something Shabazz might have said, and why lie about it? But you gotta give him a little credit for having better grammar than the OP. Read his Twitter, he at least knows that to and too are different words.

Why lie about it? You underestimate people’s need for attention

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I found it sad that a Uconn player, forget who, admitted that he had not read a book during his entire career at Uconn. Honestly some of the ESL courses my wife (or my foreign exs) took in HS/UNI were more intensive and challenging than some of the English classes at some of these UNIs in the states..But I digress.

That was Kemba. That comment was taken a bit out of context. He meant the first book he's read cover to cover at UCONN. Which is still not great, but understandable when these guys are being pushed to get grades while going full time at BB. Tutors probably act like cliff notes most of the time.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom