Shabazz Camp | The Boneyard

Shabazz Camp

Reaction Score
A couple of the kids from the younger teams in the aau program I coach for went to Shabazz's basketball camp this weekend.

Coaches I know said they've never seen a player as heavily involved in the camp. Most of the time players just show up once a day, make a speech and leave. Bazz was leading drills, playing games, etc.

Lot of respect for Shabazz for thinking of the kids. Thought he deserved a 'Yard shout out. He's always had a great head on his shoulders. I'm sure it's a huge reason why someone with his size was able to make the league. It ain't easy.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I remember going to Ray's camp as a kid. He was there for maybe 20 minutes. Kudos to Bazz.

651.jpg

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
A younger cousin of mine got to see Kirk King for about 10 minutes at a basketball camp in Old Lyme in 1996.

Reaction Score
I remember going to Ray's camp as a kid. He was there for maybe 20 minutes. Kudos to Bazz.

Yeah and that's what people expect. No one really goes to a camp to meet a famous player. They're just camps run by whoever.

I have been impressed with his NBA career. True professional.

Horatio

Cohesion is the Key
Reaction Score
A couple of the kids from the younger teams in the aau program I coach for went to Shabazz's basketball camp this weekend.

Coaches I know said they've never seen a player as heavily involved in the camp. Most of the time players just show up once a day, make a speech and leave. Bazz was leading drills, playing games, etc.

Lot of respect for Shabazz for thinking of the kids. Thought he deserved a 'Yard shout out. He's always had a great head on his shoulders. I'm sure it's a huge reason why someone with his size was able to make the league. It ain't easy.

Yeah, I saw some of the footage on Instagram yesterday. He’s giving speeches and leading the drills. Heavily involved. Priceless

Last edited:

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
If this starts to get publicized, the other players will be on his case about it. "Man, u makin us look bad."

Reaction Score
Not surprised at RA. He's for himself big time. My least respected of all the players of the past. His child has Diabetes and did not support a project I know of to help find a cure for Type 1 Diabetes. Way off base in his support OF KO. Baz on the other hand was a 2 time NC and has the character to match. He and KW my favorites of all time.

Reaction Score
I went to an Uncle Cliff camp after one or two years in the league and he spent most of the afternoon with a speech, coaching multiple scrimmages, and played over an hour of knockout with all other campers. It was great.

Reaction Score
I went to an Uncle Cliff camp after one or two years in the league and he spent most of the afternoon with a speech, coaching multiple scrimmages, and played over an hour of knockout with all other campers. It was great.
Then you smoked?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom