Seton Hall Oregon | The Boneyard

Seton Hall Oregon

amidagoat

Amida was the goat
Reaction Score
Wow- Seton Hall had that game stolen from them!

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Seton Hall blew a 19 point lead. They have no one to blame for that loss but themselves. This is the second time this season Seton Hall has had a chance to notch a big win and blew it with hero ball at the end.

Reaction Score
We need Seton Hall to be really good this season. Strong Big East = Strong UConn.

That loss was so awful it almost made we want to stay in the AAC. Seton Hall outside of Myles is not strong. When he went cold at the end, it was curtains.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Willard is not big time. Seton Hall seems to usually be on the losing end of these close games. Willard has never made it to the second weekend of the tournament despite being in a major conference and having tremendous local recruiting talent.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
That loss was so awful it almost made we want to stay in the AAC. Seton Hall outside of Myles is not strong. When he went cold at the end, it was curtains.
If you want to stay in the AAC, suit yourself. UConn will still move to the Big East next year.
Win-win?

OK, it's Thanksgiving, you said "almost," and or was pretty pretty awful. Enjoy the day.

Reaction Score
Willard is not big time. Seton Hall seems to usually be on the losing end of these close games. Willard has never made it to the second weekend of the tournament despite being in a major conference and having tremendous local recruiting talent.

Reaction Score
I hear you in terms of Willard blowing games against MSU and Oregon but shut the door? Have you already shut the door on the Lakers? It's still early...

Reaction Score
Willard is ok but it really helps to have a game changer like Powell, we've had our share. Let's see where they are without him the next couple of years I am unsure of their recruiting success as of late.

That wasn't a pretty display of basketball or coaching down the stretch vs. the Ducks though.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I hear you in terms of Willard blowing games against MSU and Oregon but shut the door? Have you already shut the door on the Lakers? It's still early...

shut the door?

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Willard is a very good coach
Big time is just weird
The problem with Seton Hall is that they are rarely very deep and have been hit by injuries a lot
I would take the last 4 yrs of SH success
IMHO they would win a 5 game series vs UConn right now

Last night was ugly for SH

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Willard is a very good coach
Big time is just weird
The problem with Seton Hall is that they are rarely very deep and have been hit by injuries a lot
I would take the last 4 yrs of SH success
IMHO they would win a 5 game series vs UConn right now

Last night was ugly for SH

Kevin Willard is in that dead zone of coaches for a program like Seton Hall. Willard is actually OK as a coach. Seton Hall is regularly competitive and a candidate for the NCAA tournament. And while they have one of the best local recruiting regions of any program in the country, that is not an automatic guarantee of being good for a program (see Depaul and Rutgers). Willard has a solid record. But Willard also loses enough of these big regular season games to end up with a bad seed in March, which leads to an early exit from the NCAA tournament, even though he has had some good teams over the years.

By "big time", I mean that some coaches seem to be on the losing ends of these big games more than they should. I can't explain what they are doing wrong, other than every knows they are going to blow it in a close game against a top team. Seton Hall should be undefeated with two huge wins, and instead they have 2 losses and no marquee wins. At least get a split out of those games.

Reaction Score

Every time I see @nelsonmuntz in a thread I think of the Lakers. It wasn't a bad take. It was a bad take he forced down our throats 100 times. Between this and his horrible election takes, there is a lesson on having some intellectual humility.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Every time I see @nelsonmuntz in a thread I think of the Lakers. It wasn't a bad take. It was a bad take he forced down our throats 100 times. Between this and his horrible election takes, there is a lesson on having some intellectual humility.

Most of the posters taking shots at my predictions don't have the minerals to make their own predictions. Best move for those posters is to shut up.

My election takes are solid. Nailed 2012, did very well on 2018, did pretty well on 2014, and was only 1% off on 2016. Scoreboard.

I predicted the Bucks and Nuggets to make big jumps last year, and I was right. I also didn't like the Lakers last year. They started strong, and finished weak.

Over the summer, all the same people that were picking the Lakers were also picking the Nets. How has that gone? Also, my Lakers prediction was predicated on the fact that LeBron and AD were going to break down if they played a ton of minutes this year. Still too early to call that one.

Reaction Score
Most of the posters taking shots at my predictions don't have the minerals to make their own predictions. Best move for those posters is to shut up.

My election takes are solid. Nailed 2012, did very well on 2018, did pretty well on 2014, and was only 1% off on 2016. Scoreboard.

I predicted the Bucks and Nuggets to make big jumps last year, and I was right. I also didn't like the Lakers last year. They started strong, and finished weak.

Over the summer, all the same people that were picking the Lakers were also picking the Nets. How has that gone? Also, my Lakers prediction was predicated on the fact that LeBron and AD were going to break down if they played a ton of minutes this year. Still too early to call that one.

They may go down as the worst 2 takes in the history of the board.

Reaction Score

You were just way over the top with the Lakers stuff, you had them as a 10 seed in the West.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom