Seton Hall Espinoza-Hunter Suspended for UConn Game | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Seton Hall Espinoza-Hunter Suspended for UConn Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Big surprise to me. MSST comments about her were always positive, Vic said she was the ultimate teammate and one of the hardest working players on the team. She was not a good fit for Vic’s style of play but she appeared to give max effort. I wish the very best for AEH!
:eek: That's a fine perspective for you as a MSST fan probably because MSST is the only college stop where AEH has managed to abide by "team rules". She gave max effort "on the court" at UCONN and appear to be doing the same at SH as well. If she had given max effort "off the court" at UCONN (as is required) she would have graduated by now and this entire thread would not have been necessary. She also did decide to leave MSST no? As far as not being a fit for Vic style of play- should one or both of them have figured that out before attending? AEH was at MSST for two full season and started 1/2 the games in her first season there. Where was the lack of fit because I'm not buying it? I wished AEH the very best as well but her apologist are making it very hard to continue to do so.

Reaction Score
Just read an article saying that she ended up back in New Jersey at Seton Hall because they offered a program in what now is her career choice: pediatric occupational therapy. Good for her! And also mentioned that Seton Hall offered her first, when she was in 7th grade. I wish her all the best.

Reaction Score
:eek: That's a fine perspective for you as a MSST fan probably because MSST is the only college stop where AEH has managed to abide by "team rules". She gave max effort "on the court" at UCONN and appear to be doing the same at SH as well. If she had given max effort "off the court" at UCONN (as is required) she would have graduated by now and this entire thread would not have been necessary. She also did decide to leave MSST no? As far as not being a fit for Vic style of play- should one or both of them have figured that out before attending? AEH was at MSST for two full season and started 1/2 the games in her first season there. Where was the lack of fit because I'm not buying it? I wished AEH the very best as well but her apologist are making it very hard to continue to do so.
I expect Andra will get along fine without you wishing her the best anymore. Like young people forever, she is just trying to find her way in life, and it's gotten even harder these days.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I expect Andra will get along fine without you wishing her the best anymore. Like young people forever, she is just trying to find her way in life, and it's gotten even harder these days.
Now doubt.
Like young people forever I also suppose "some" need much more help than others. You would think there was enough "help" available at the three colleges and two different high schools AEH has attended.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
With Seton Hall already being short-handed, with AEH also being out, tonight's game should be a blow out and a great opportunity to get the UCONN bench with some meaningful minutes on the court.
This post did not age well!

Reaction Score
Did anyone notice if she was on the SH bench?
Yes, she was seen on Television, sitting right next to the Seton Hall Coaching Staff, shown rooting on here teammates, when the cameras panned towards the Seton Hall bench, during the game

Reaction Score
This post did not age well!
Well, I was totally wrong with my statement. What I thought was going to happen last night with 2 impact players for Seton Hall hurt and AEH suspended, only dressing 9, I thought it was going to be a 30 Point Blow Out. BOY WAS I WRONG ON THAT ONE !!!
1638634247600.png

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Yes, she was seen on Television, sitting right next to the Seton Hall Coaching Staff, shown rooting on here teammates, when the cameras panned towards the Seton Hall bench, during the game
It is so weird. Hard to think of an infraction serious enough to inactivate a respected player but having her in the center of the bench.

Reaction Score
It is so weird. Hard to think of an infraction serious enough to inactivate a respected player but having her in the center of the bench.
Weird? Seems like quite a good idea to me, accepting her punishment and rooting her teammates on. Good coaching move; hopefully helps Andra's growth.

Reaction Score
What I meant by not being a fit for Vic’s style, AEH strength was offense, in particular outside shooting. Vic wanted his players to press on defense and he stressed the inside play on offense. Vic, IMHO, was much more concerned with tough play than off the court behavior, I believe if Vic was coaching MSST today Jessica Carter off the court problems would have been solved by now and she would be playing.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
What I meant by not being a fit for Vic’s style, AEH strength was offense, in particular outside shooting. Vic wanted his players to press on defense and he stressed the inside play on offense. Vic, IMHO, was much more concerned with tough play than off the court behavior, I believe if Vic was coaching MSST today Jessica Carter off the court problems would have been solved by now and she would be playing.
Speaking of which- is Carter going to be playing basketball this season?

Reaction Score
Speaking of which- is Carter going to be playing basketball this season?
I hope so but when Coach Novak was asked about her status after our last game he had no update. I understand she is charged with simple assault with a $500 bond. It has been months and there has been nothing from the administration or the legal guys about her status. I hope Coach Novak pressures the administration to move on this soon. It will take time for Jessica to get back to basketball shape so unless this happens soon I do not think she will make a difference and I am concern her return may upset the team chemistry which look to be very good today.

Reaction Score
Coach probably knew how much she wanted to play against UConn and picked that game to teach her a lesson.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

Her coach was mad. His part starts at 1:48

Did he explain the infraction? Something about twitter?

I did like the part where Paige was saying how the SH crowd was heckling her after a slow start.

Need more Gatorade. :p

Last edited:

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score

Her coach was mad. His part starts at 1:48

If you recall, just a few years ago Geno had a similar animated reaction to AEH that we see here from Coach Bozzella. Evidently, AEH brings out this type of reaction in her coaches.

Reaction Score
If you recall, just a few years ago Geno had a similar animated reaction to AEH that we see here from Coach Bozzella. Evidently, AEH brings out this type of reaction in her coaches.

I vaguely remember Coach Bozzella's reaction to AEH making the 1st Team All Big East Team last season. I don't know if I remember the same reaction from Geno regarding ONO only making the 2nd Team All Big East Team, while his former player made 1st Team All Big East?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom