Seton Hall Covid Pause | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Seton Hall Covid Pause

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
How do you know the players who contracted are the unvaccinated ones out of the group? Omicron is affecting primarily vaccinated so far. Look at what just happened with Cornell university. What we need to do is let these athletes play. Have a good day
Source? My kneejerk reaction was to call you names for spreading obvious disinformation, but I don't actually know it to be untrue. I'll give you a chance.

Reaction Score
How do you know the players who contracted are the unvaccinated ones out of the group? Omicron is affecting primarily vaccinated so far. Look at what just happened with Cornell university. What we need to do is let these athletes play. Have a good day
I don't think the info is out there as to if the Hall players who tested positive are vaxxed or not but what we do know from Cornell is that 97% of their campus is fully vaccinated and a very high percentage of their 903 Covid cases are Omicron cases and a portion of them are in boosted students. The UK is showing they have a great deal of Omicron cases in the fully vaxxed and boosted as well. We need to pivot how we handle those who test positive.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
The fact that some are still clinging to the unvaxxed hysteria given what is happening in Cornell is hilarious. Unvaxxed or vaxxed, this stuff is spreading like wildfire.
97% vaxxed with zero hospitalizations and all either asymptomatic or have mild symptoms. Not clear if that will be true for the unvaxxed or immunocompromised.

Reaction Score
The fact that some are still clinging to the unvaxxed hysteria given what is happening in Cornell is hilarious. Unvaxxed or vaxxed, this stuff is spreading like wildfire.
It’s not hilarious. If everyone was vaxxed, the effects of being infected are largely minor. We’re all suffering bc of the unvaccinated.

Reaction Score
The 800,000+ Americans dead is a bit depressing, as well.
A lot of those deaths would have been prevented had we been open to early onset treatments rather than politicization and demonization of those treatments.

It’s also important to note it’s not college aged athletes dying and it’s their futures that are being impacted the most

Reaction Score
97% vaxxed with zero hospitalizations and all either asymptomatic or have mild symptoms. Not clear if that will be true for the unvaxxed or immunocompromised.
That’s the message that needs to come across more, how about not testing athletes if they take the booster the NFL is talking about that and as usual they will be the gateway seeing how to combat this.

Reaction Score
It’s not hilarious. If everyone was vaxxed, the effects of being infected are largely minor. We’re all suffering bc of the unvaccinated.
Goodness gracious a 100% vaccination rate is not possible unless it’s absolutely forced. Many of the unvaccinated group were either naturally infected already or they are younger and at less risk.

What percent vaccination rate will make you happy? This is a cult like mentality

Reaction Score
See, it’s that last piece. I’m vaccinated, I’m not denying the impact the shot has at protecting oneself from the virus, but the idea that you are suffering from the unvaccinated is laughably wrong. It’s built on the misconception this spring that only the unvaxxed spread the virus and are therefore harming you. The unvaxxed elect to not protect themselves from the virus, that doesn’t impact you.

The way people talk about the unvaxxed is eye opening to me about human nature. You’re scared, and in an attempt to cope you need someone to blame and be angry at.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
The 800,000+ Americans dead is a bit depressing, as well.
cool, now do the other 330,000,000 of us who aren't dead, especially the poor and working folks who've been absolutely hammered by all the recent foolishness. gas, food, heating, housing, papers, more papers, one shot, 13 shots, don't walk on the wet sand, ,,,
a very wise man once said 'it's like the flu, on steroids.'
u gonna 'vaccinate' all the deer and chipmunks, too?

Last edited:

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
I'm guessing this is Omicron which is spreading rapidly throughout Jersey and NY but just a guess. We're going to have to change protocols/quarantine with Omicron quickly becoming the dominant variant or I don't see how there's a season.

Word is The Hall has unvaccinated players but don't know if the players who got it are vaxxed or not. UCLA is postponing it's game because of Covid, Big East makes you forfeit? That seems incredibly unfair and needs to be changed.
Returned to Connecticut 2 days ago from visiting my family who live very close to UCLA. We COVID tested there just to be sure although we have no signs of a problem.

Reaction Score
Goodness gracious a 100% vaccination rate is not possible unless it’s absolutely forced. Many of the unvaccinated group were either naturally infected already or they are younger and at less risk.

What percent vaccination rate will make you happy? This is a cult like mentality
Then don’t get vaxxed, I don’t care. But don’t cry when there are repercussions. Sorry, no restaurants or bars or events. Btw not saying you specifically, saying the unvaxxed as a whole.

Reaction Score
See, it’s that last piece. I’m vaccinated, I’m not denying the impact the shot has at protecting oneself from the virus, but the idea that you are suffering from the unvaccinated is laughably wrong. It’s built on the misconception this spring that only the unvaxxed spread the virus and are therefore harming you. The unvaxxed elect to not protect themselves from the virus, that doesn’t impact you.

The way people talk about the unvaxxed is eye opening to me about human nature. You’re scared, and in an attempt to cope you need someone to blame and be angry at.
If you own stocks you're negatively impacted by the unvaccinated. If you like going through life without needing to take special measures because of covid, you're negatively impacted by the unvaccinated. Your analysis is so wrong that it must be intentionally obtuse. There is no way you are ignorant or stupid enough to truly believe it. I suppose the other possibility is you've heard elsewhere that this take is the one you "should" have, and you just adopted it without really thinking about it. Then again, one could call that ignorant and stupid. I dunno. It just blows my mind.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score

The unwillingness to vaccinate is pretty cult like. Of course a 100% rate is nigh impossible. But polio vaccine wasn’t optional. Too many of the people who won’t vaccinate are the same people who won’t mask but then bitch when businesses and institutions can’t behave under the old normal. A political response to a highly transmissible disease that is still killing thousands a day.

Reaction Score
Two days ago I heard there are 75 NFL players with Covid. With indoor weather coming, I see another nightmare Covid sports picture in the near future. The new variant is less dangerous, but way more contagious. I didn't really know anyone close that had Covid, but in the last two I've known tons.

Also, I'm back to full social distancing and masking outside the home. I've gotten the Booster, and while I think the vaccine will make the virus less dangerous, I honestly think it does little to prevent infection from the Omnicron variant which appears to have picked up properties from the common cold.

Reaction Score
Then don’t get vaxxed, I don’t care. But don’t cry when there are repercussions. Sorry, no restaurants or bars or events. Btw not saying you specifically, saying the unvaxxed as a whole.
Don’t cry if you get incredibly sick from Covid and refused to protect yourself with the vaccine, fine. The idea that the repercussions of not getting vaxxed are going after people’s livelihoods or quality of life is absurd. I work in the city, they check vaccine passports everywhere. Guess what, Covid numbers are still blowing up. My employer requires everyone to be vaccinated and yet outbreaks are occurring left and right.

This goes back to my point about about fear being channeled into anger as a coping mechanism. It’s ugly, ugly stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom