Seton Hall Covid Pause | The Boneyard

Seton Hall Covid Pause

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

May end up having to forfeit their first 2 Big East games vs St Johns & Depaul.

Reaction Score
NFL, NBA and soccer across Europe are having big covid issues right now. Wouldn’t surprise me to see a pause in them.

Reaction Score
Idk why the previous covid thread was deleted instead of moderated. Obviously covid is still an issue in cbb, and I hope the team is planning for it accordingly. I would put even odds on the team experiencing some sort of interruption/postponement this year (whether us or an opponent)

Reaction Score
I'm guessing this is Omicron which is spreading rapidly throughout Jersey and NY but just a guess. We're going to have to change protocols/quarantine with Omicron quickly becoming the dominant variant or I don't see how there's a season.

Word is The Hall has unvaccinated players but don't know if the players who got it are vaxxed or not. UCLA is postponing it's game because of Covid, Big East makes you forfeit? That seems incredibly unfair and needs to be changed.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score

This is what I'm thinking of when I say tomorrow being a sellout is a horrendous idea. Can you imagine if UConn has to forefit BE games? Still a good idea?

zls44

Reaction Score
Think the protocols are a bit different for UConn having a 100% vaccinated team. One positive shouldn't throw everything out of whack.

Totally agree, I guess my fear is that this version seems to cause a bunch of positives rather than just the lone one. This stinks. I hate it. Obv.

Reaction Score
It's strange The Hall would have unvaccinated players because they wouldn't be able to play in the Garden for the Big East tournament or against the Johnnie's in their away game.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Totally agree, I guess my fear is that this version seems to cause a bunch of positives rather than just the lone one. This stinks. I hate it. Obv.
Yes, but few if any symptoms for those who are vaxxed; and you don't test unless you have symptoms or direct exposure.

Reaction Score

Those rules were made when COVID was ebbing and pre-Omicron.

Based on NFL, NBA, and things like the recent Cornell outbreak, there are gonna be a bunch of (+) NCAA players everywhere soon. Vaccinated or not. Omicron is a PITA.

Wouldn't surprise me if BE administration re-visits the forfeit rule, if it seems to be warranted.

zls44

Reaction Score
Pardon my manners, long overdue: DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMEEED

Reaction Score
So that’s the rule this season for teams, forfeit if COVID wreaks havoc?

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
The positive case numbers across sports are looking rough this past week. Was going to post something but didn’t want the mojo.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
The worry is if someone gets the sniffles for a day they will get tested. If they're positive everyone around them will get tested. With the way Omicron spreads even amongst the vaccinated and boosted I see massive shutdowns in the future if we don't pivot and handle protocols/quarantine differently.
Agreed. I don’t know how quickly we can pivot, but I do think Omicron may be the pivot point.

Reaction Score
It's strange The Hall would have unvaccinated players because they wouldn't be able to play in the Garden for the Big East tournament or against the Johnnie's in their away game.
I don't think that is true. Pretty sure vaccine mandate doesn't apply to visiting teams.

Reaction Score
How do you know the players who contracted are the unvaccinated ones out of the group? Omicron is affecting primarily vaccinated so far. Look at what just happened with Cornell university. What we need to do is let these athletes play. Have a good day
You make absolutely no sense here. Omicron is more resistant, that absolutely does not mean it is primarily affecting vaccinated…That’s just a ridiculous statement. And yeah, I have a hunch the unvaccinated players on the team, who STILL infected at a much higher rate, and can pass it along at a much higher rate, are probably some of the ones who contracted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom