Seth Davis tweet: ND in early but signIficant talks with ACC | The Boneyard

Seth Davis tweet: ND in early but signIficant talks with ACC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
So the head of the Big East expansion committee is shopping around? Imagine that...

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
With apologies to Sun Tzu, keep your friends close, and your pretend friends closer.
I can only hope he's really, really good friends with the ACC...that's our ticket to ride.

Reaction Score
Here are the tweets in sequence

1)
For the record, I predict Notre Dame will eventually be in the ACC for all sports, including FB. Not sure when but that's my strong hunch.
2)
@notthefakeSVP Too early to tell with whom. Don't think the ACC wants UConn. ACC and ND are a good academic and cultural fit.
3)
I think ND is coming to understand they will have to join a conference for FB. Best to do it on their terms. Will be biggest shoe to drop.
4)
@DickieV I read ALL your tweets Dick! It's early stages but significant conversations are taking place bt ND and ACC.

Reaction Score
Btw. The tweet from Vitale was that he agreed with tweet #1 in the sequence

Reaction Score
UConn, red headed stepchild? It's amazing that as successful as UConn's athletics programs have been over the last two decades, the university is seemingly universally shunned in the realignment game.

Reaction Score
Here are the tweets in sequence

1)
For the record, I predict Notre Dame will eventually be in the ACC for all sports, including FB. Not sure when but that's my strong hunch.
2)
@notthefakeSVP Too early to tell with whom. Don't think the ACC wants UConn. ACC and ND are a good academic and cultural fit.
3)
I think ND is coming to understand they will have to join a conference for FB. Best to do it on their terms. Will be biggest shoe to drop.
4)
@DickieV I read ALL your tweets Dick! It's early stages but significant conversations are taking place bt ND and ACC.

Who is the author of your second point? I can't follow.

Reaction Score
UConn, red headed stepchild? It's amazing that as successful as UConn's athletics programs have been over the last two decades, the university is seemingly universally shunned in the realignment game.

And yet a school that looses by 36 to UMass and 22 to Holy Cross in the supposed expertise of that conference gets to keep a national championship team out because of some bad blood?

Reaction Score
Who is the author of your second point? I can't follow.

The ACC doesn't talk about who they want. They will take UCONN or Rutgers and ND will make the call on which. Of course, I still think ND belongs in the B10 no matter where their students come from.

The tweet about UConn doesn't seem like it has a source, just a hunch he has because they could have had UConn last time around and now FSU is resisting weak football schools being added. Ultimately, UConn makes the most sense, especially if you beef up football with ND.

Reaction Score
So, ND culture fits in with Southerners. Uh-huh.
And, they don't want UConn. So Gene DeFilippo was hallucinating when he made those comments about blackballing UConn.

As much as I doubt Gene D's credibility, I think Seth Davis is the one on the outside here.

Reaction Score
FSU is resisting weak football schools being added.

Said the 7-4 powerhouse! I guess they want those other powers like UVA.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Did SVP ask Davis if we'd be going with ND? Is ESPN, either through their reporting or through their personalities, still pushing us as #16?

Reaction Score
So the head of the Big East expansion committee is shopping around? Imagine that...
Funny. I remember when I heard ND was heading up BE expansion thinking they'd be the next to go, and hoping UConn could have landed that gig.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
SAMCRO is right. The tweet shown is Davis responding to SVP. SVP must have tweeted something not shown to Davis.

Reaction Score
SAMCRO is right. The tweet shown is Davis responding to SVP. SVP must have tweeted something not shown to Davis.
SVP tweeted to Davis... "With ... ?"

so the conversation went:

Davis : For the record, I predict Notre Dame will eventually be in the ACC for all sports, including FB. Not sure when but that's my strong hunch.

Van Pelt : with...?

Davis: Too early to tell with whom. Don't think the ACC wants UConn. ACC and ND are a good academic and cultural fit

Reaction Score
Exactly how many string football schools are ripe for the picking?

Reaction Score
So, ND culture fits in with Southerners. Uh-huh.
And, they don't want UConn. So Gene DeFilippo was hallucinating when he made those comments about blackballing UConn.

As much as I doubt Gene D's credibility, I think Seth Davis is the one on the outside here.
Some people on these boards make a big deal about the "southern culture" of the ACC. Just a few of comments. First the ACC has a much less "southern culture" than the SEC. Second from someone who lived all of his life in CT before moving to AL 28 years ago there is not a whole lot of difference between north and south that can not be accounted for by the fact that the south is much more rural than the northeast, and has a smaller southern and eastern european component to the white population. The south has much in common with the midwest heartland states such as MO, NB, KN, etc. Lastly with BC, SU, Pitt and yes Miami, the southern in the ACC to the extent that it was there is already highly diluted.

Reaction Score
Can only wonder what Flipper's tweets sound like. You can usually find out by following the Globe's Mark Blaudschun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom