Seth Davis picks UConn as Final Four Darkhorse, uses old logo | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Seth Davis picks UConn as Final Four Darkhorse, uses old logo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
How sweet would it be to leave the bahamas with wins over Michigan, Cuse, and Zaga? analysts seem very high on um and zags as deep tourney threats. 7-0 top ten team going into msg to play maryland likely a top 5 squad... wasn't there a boneyarder complaining about the ooc?

Man i love this. A Battle 4 Atlantis title, undefeated, to face off vs Maryland (top 3) in our home away from home. Going to be a HUGE game

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
In general this entire article is pretty much a disrespect to our team and our program. Somehow with the talent and experience we have and our outstanding coaching this is supposed to make us feel good, that we were mentioned in this long analysis as maybe a darkhorse? A kick in the teeth more like it.
Dark horse based strictly on ranking. We're close to the 20s, which is not usually where you'll find likely Final Four candidates. Davis said later on Twitter he was considering Villanova as a dark horse for final four, but they were ranked too high.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Yes. No matter how good of teams we play, the bad teams we play are worse and will hurt our RPI.
F*#%!k the RPI !!

Winning! That is all.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
The RPI won't matter because UConn should be ranked all year. RPI really bites you when you play an AAC schedule, started the season well outside the top 25 and are trying to get recognition. Those pointless preseason rankings are challenging to overcome unless you play a great SOS.

Reaction Score
Dark horse based strictly on ranking. We're close to the 20s, which is not usually where you'll find likely Final Four candidates. Davis said later on Twitter he was considering Villanova as a dark horse for final four, but they were ranked too high.
I'm with you Tcf on this as far the candidates go but don't our top 7 or 8 players match up on paper with Maryland or North Carolina's on a direct comparison? I wonder about this because KO himself has said that this is his most talented team, and I assume that he is not blowing smoke even if you allow for a little bias.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Andy Katz has always loved UConn...Mr. Davis on the other hand hated on UConn throughout the whole regular season and post season for our last NC

I always considered that incredibly good fortune.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom