Seth Davis picks UConn as Final Four Darkhorse, uses old logo | The Boneyard

Seth Davis picks UConn as Final Four Darkhorse, uses old logo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
How sweet would it be to leave the bahamas with wins over Michigan, Cuse, and Zaga? analysts seem very high on um and zags as deep tourney threats. 7-0 top ten team going into msg to play maryland likely a top 5 squad... wasn't there a boneyarder complaining about the ooc?

Reaction Score
How sweet would it be to leave the bahamas with wins over Michigan, Cuse, and Zaga? analysts seem very high on um and zags as deep tourney threats. 7-0 top ten team going into msg to play maryland likely a top 5 squad... wasn't there a boneyarder complaining about the ooc?

Yes. No matter how good of teams we play, the bad teams we play are worse and will hurt our RPI.

Reaction Score
Yes. No matter how good of teams we play, the bad teams we play are worse and will hurt our RPI.

If we win enough games our RPI will be fine. SMU finished with an RPI of 18 last year - in (presumably) a worse AAC than we should see this year.

Reaction Score
Seth Davis and Andy Katz are the same person. You have never seen them in the same room at the same time.

I have, in fact. I saw them both at MSG a couple of years ago. Andy Katz was eating a banana.

Silk31

Foot Stays on Gas
Reaction Score
So now we have Seth Davis and Andy Katz on our bandwagon? Great, just great. We're doooomed! Next you're going to tell me Jeff Goodman and Matt Norlander have joined the bandwagon.
Andy Katz has always loved UConn...Mr. Davis on the other hand hated on UConn throughout the whole regular season and post season for our last NC

Not sure if Katz is really a UConn fan outside of being a reporter but he pretty much does a fantastic job of covering our program. JC seems to actually like him as well so I think you have it wrong when lumping him in with the Davis', Goodmans, and Norlanders of the world

Reaction Score
I see Chris Johnson hasn't stopped drinking the Nova kool aid. They will once again win 30 games and once again not finish the first weekend of the Dance.

Reaction Score
I'll feel better if just before March Madness, Digger Phelps picks us as his "sleeper team" to make a Final 4 run. I could be mistaken but our last 2 championships he picked us to be that team and we won. Correct me if I'm wrong but I know he did in 2014, I'm almost positive he did in 2011 also.

Reaction Score
I may just be playing devil's advocate here, but I hope this isn't bittersweet as us becoming labeled as the non-top 20 team most likely to win it all. Sort of like how Gonzaga got the rep of being the mid-major most likely to make a deep run. The trendy pick. Ok, now back to rejoicing this and not being paranoid.....

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Andy Katz has always loved UConn...Mr. Davis on the other hand hated on UConn throughout the whole regular season and post season for our last NC

Not sure if Katz is really a UConn fan outside of being a reporter but he pretty much does a fantastic job of covering our program. JC seems to actually like him as well so I think you have it wrong when lumping him in with the Davis', Goodmans, and Norlanders of the world
I was lucky enough to win the student lottery for tickets to the 2014 NCAAT game against ISU. While riding up the escalators that take you up to the upper level of MSG, I happened to notice Andy Katz was in front of my group of friends and I. We gave him a good cheer and showed him some love and asked him who he had for as his pick to go to the Final Four. He smiled and said "UConn. MSG and the Huskies is always magic", then got off at the next level where the press was located.

Have liked Katz ever since.

Reaction Score
I'll feel better if just before March Madness, Digger Phelps picks us as his "sleeper team" to make a Final 4 run. I could be mistaken but our last 2 championships he picked us to be that team and we won. Correct me if I'm wrong but I know he did in 2014, I'm almost positive he did in 2011 also.

I thought Digger retired?

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
BUHusky10 said:
I was lucky enough to win the student lottery for tickets to the 2014 NCAAT game against ISU. While riding up the escalators that take you up to the upper level of MSG, I happened to notice Andy Katz was in front of my group of friends and I. We gave him a good cheer and showed him some love and asked him who he had for as his pick to go to the Final Four. He smiled and said "UConn. MSG and the Huskies is always magic", then got off at the next level where the press was located. Have liked Katz ever since.

Well at least if the season goes south we now have a solid scapegoat.

Escalators? wtf

Reaction Score
I see Chris Johnson hasn't stopped drinking the Nova kool aid. They will once again win 30 games and once again not finish the first weekend of the Dance.

Learned long ago not to take them, Pitt, or Cuse in the bracket to go far. They will inevitably crap the bed and screw everything up.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Well at least if the season goes south we now have a solid scapegoat.

Escalators? wtf
Also to have the likes of Seth Davis and others pick our guys to be the F4 dark horse just feels like the kiss of death......dooomed-ness. We're going to need a cornucopia of mojo to have any chance for it to hold together now. Jinxed by Seth. Is he that clever or was it dumb luck? Yeah, dumb luck.

Reaction Score
This team is more doomed than Alderaan in front of the Death Star.
explosion1983.jpg

So like...pretend UCONN is the Millennium Falcon and everyone else is the Death Star in the background. Suck it Death Star

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom